Porthmadog Local Produce Market
Special Chicken Fillet
(Recipe from Linda Hurst, Richlin Dairy Goat Products)
You will need:
- Sharp knife
- Chicken Fillets
- Pen Y Bont Soft Cheese with Garlic & Chives
- Cooking Foil
- Roasting tin / Ovenproof dish
- Pre-heat oven - Electric 190c / Fan 170c / Gas 5
- With a sharp knife, slice into the chicken fillet to make a pocket
- Stuff with Pen y Bont Soft Garlic and Chive cheese
- Wrap in foil, place in the middle of the oven and cook for 35 mins
- Serve (using the juices as a sauce) with boiled/new potatoes and fresh veg of your choice.
- You could also wrap the above in bacon before wrapping in foil, but open the parcel about 10 mins before the end of cooking to allow the bacon to brown.
Cheesy Vegetable Crumble
- 450g / 1 lb potatoes, peeled & halved
- 25g / 1 oz butter
- 225g /8 oz leeks, sliced
- 450g / 1 lb carrots, chopped
- 1 courgette, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 225g / 8 oz mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 450g / 1 lb broccoli or cauliflower, cut into small florets
- Salt & pepper to season
- 50g/ 2oz plain flour
- 50g/2oz butter/marg
- 50g/2oz fresh breadcrumbs
- 50g/2oz strong cheese
- 30ml/2tbsp chopped fresh p
- Cook potatoes in a pan of lightly salted water for about 15 mins until tender.
- Whilst potatoes are cooking, melt butter in large pan. Add leeks, broccoli/cauliflower florets and carrots and cook over low heat for about 3 mins. Add garlic, mushrooms and courgettes, cooking for a further 3 mins.
- Transfer the vegetables to a 2.5 litre/ 4 pint ovenproof dish.
- Preheat oven to 220c/Gas 6. Drain potatoes and cut into 1cm/½" thick slices. Arrange on top of over vegetables.
- Sift flour into a bowl and rub in butter. Add breadcrumbs, cheese, parsley and mustard powder. Spoon over vegetables and bake for 20-30 mins. Serve hot.