RCMA Farmers' Markets
10 Reasons to Shop at our Markets
- Fresh direct food = tasty food. Direct meat, veg and fruit is among the freshest you are likely to buy.
- It can often be just as convenient as travelling to the supermarket. What could be more convenient then popping around the corner to your local farmers market? Why not buy your eggs at your nearest farm gate or farm shop.
- Fresh, direct and local food doesn’t have to cost the earth. Recent research revealed that local markets can prove economically priced compared to supermarkets.
- Making fair trade. Cutting out the middle man allows producers increased financial returns.
- Better for the environment. When buying direct and local, food miles are cut to a minimum which is good for the environment. We also sell using as little packaging as possible so less to throw away.
- Variety – the spice of life. Farmers markets and farm shops have a reputation for offering a variety of produce. Where else can you buy bison or a wild boar burger.
- Excellent customer service. Buying fresh, direct and local allows you to ask the producer questions. You can be sure of how it’s produced and where it comes from.
- Investing in your community for the future. By directly supporting your local producers and farmers today you are helping to ensure the future producers and farmers in your community.
- Environment and wildlife benefits. Well managed farms provide ecosystems as the farm environment is a patchwork of fields, meadows, woods, ponds and buildings that provide habitat for wildlife in our communities.
- Conserving a sense of community and tradition. The relaxed, community feel of farmers markets make them popular social occasions.