Rode Hall Farmers Market
Wild Mushroom Risotto
- 1.4l Chicken or veg stock
- 30 g dried porcini mushrooms
- 1/2 white onion, finely chopped
- 45g butter
- 230g fresh wild mushrooms, finely chopped
- 280g arborio rice
- 240ml white wine
- 100g grated Parmesan
- chopped parslely
- Heat the chicken stock over a low heat and add the porcini
- In a large heavy frying pan, cook the onion in 30 g of the butter until translucent , about 5 mins. Add chopped fresh mushrooms, and cook.
- Add the rice and cook until it becomes opaque, about 2 mins, add the wine and cook until it is absorbed into the rice, stirring constantly.
- Take out the porcini and add the hot stock to the rice gradually, stirring all the time until each addition is absorbed, about 20 mins in total. Once the rice is al dente remove from the heat.
- Add chopped porcini mushrooms and a sprinkle of parsley.