Rural Life Centre
The Rural Life Centre is a country life museum of past village life covering the years from 1750 to 1960. Assembled by the late Mr & Mrs Henry Jackson and now run by a charitable trust it is set in over ten acres of garden and woodland and housed in purpose-built and reconstructed buildings including a chapel, village hall, cricket pavilion and schoolroom. Displays show village crafts and trades such as wheelwrighting, bakers, vets and many more. An historic village playground provides entertainment for children and a preserved narrow gauge light railway operates on Sundays.