This page is dedicated to providing information on support to parishioners from within and surrounding communities. If anybody has ideas for further contributions or topics please email the Clerk at email@example.com.
NEIGHBOURS NEEDING HELP?
Do you know of any neighbours that need help? If so and you are not able to assist three of our Councillors are available for contact to assist where they can. Please call one of the following: Tom Flashman at 07812 669826; or Graham Gough at 01694 724522; or Sarah Madeley at 01694 771330.
PROVISION OF FOODS, MEDICINES, ETC. FROM BUSINESSES IN CHURCH STRETTON, EAST WALL AND MUCH WENLOCK
CHURCH STRETTON LINKED SUPPLIERS AND TRADERS
Church Stretton Town Council is working with Mayfair and local organisations and traders to help local residents, especially those who have had to self-isolate or are vulnerable. As part of this initiative traders are providing home deliveries of products. A list is being maintained and updated. Businesses listed include:
- Newsworld / Mr Bun the Baker / Hough's butchers / Co-op
- Entertaining Elephants
- Vindicus Shopping Delivery
- Family Shopper
- J R Thomas
- Hough and Sons
- Oak Apple Catering / Cheese Nibbles
- Shepherd Hills
- GARDENING & HARDWARE
- Newsworld - Sandford Hardware
- Mynd DIY
- Rushmere Nurseries
- MEAL DELIVERIES
- Various providers detailed on list at foot of page
Further details, prices and contact numbers are provided in the pdf file at the foot of this page. This will be updated as and when received.
Currently it is not clear how far deliveries will be made but we expect Rushbury parish to be within the catchment area. It is worth contacting the traders to check on your specific requirements.
CO-OP FOOD STORE IN CHURCH STRETTON
The Co-op food store is now delivering to homes of those who are self-isolated or vulnerable. This is being achieved with the assistance of volunteers who are collecting the required items off the shelves and other volunteers delivering. The store can be called on 01694 723690 where somebody will receive your order and deal with payment.
FRUIT AND VEG DELIVERIES - OAK APPLE CATERING
Ed Potter of Oak Apple Catering has started a delivery service for fruit and vegetables. Details provided below:
- Where will you deliver to? We are delivering in the Shrewsbury and Church Stretton Areas Monday- Friday, this will be to individual addresses. We are advised they are delivering within the parish.
- When will you be able to deliver? Monday- Friday.
- By when do I need to submit my order for next day delivery? By 5.00pm.
- What products will you be able to provide? We are offering two boxes ideal of 1-2 people for a week Box 1- Veg (£10.00) Box 2- Mixed Fruit and Veg (£15.00) If residents are struggling for other items we might be able to assist on an individual basis or work with local support groups.
- Will you be delivering a fixed set of items, of will people be able to choose what they want? The boxes will have a verity of items each week, there will be various staples such as potatoes, root vegetables, green vegetables salad items. We will not be able to do bespoke orders unfortunately due to various supply issues.
- How do they submit orders? Orders can be placed via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01694 731305
- How will they pay you? Payment can be made Via Bank Transfer details will be provided on ordering or cash/cheque can be placed in an envelope ready for delivery.
- How much will it cost? Box 1- Veg (£10.00) Box 2- Mixed Fruit and Veg (£15.00)
- How will they be able to avoid contact with the delivery person? The delivery driver will ring just before delivery to say the box will be placed on the door step. If payment is being made on delivery the driver will wait at least two meters away from the door and payment can be placed on the floor once the box has been taken in side. Gloves and Hand sanitation will be used.
SHOPPING DELIVERY - VINDICUS
Vindicus is a local based shopping delivery service. Shin and Carolyn will collect orders from individual shops in Church Stretton / Meole Brace, M&S and Boots only. They will deliver to households within the parish. They do make a charge for this service.
For details of how they can help, etc. call 07848 911270 or 07588 959745.
Bikold, a Ludlow-based food wholesaler, has started a home delivery service. The home delivery service has been extended throughout South Shropshire and includes the parish. Details of products available and order forms are provided on the company's website: www.bikold.co.uk.
A minimum order of £50.00 is required, orders below this value may be delivered, but are subject to a charge. The company is unable to accept orders below the value of £15.00. It might be a good idea for households to club together with a bulk order to take advantage of the free delivery. This may involve delivery to a single site and further distribution would require the necessary social distancing.
Order forms covering Frozen & Chilled, Dry Store Foods and Non Foods can be sourced on the company's website or by emailing email@example.com or telephoning 01584 877866.
BUTCHERS IN MUCH WENLOCK (A RYAN & SON)
A Ryan & Son (Sue and Paddy Ryan) have implemented a delivery service which now includes the Parish. Deliveries can be made to Longville and also Rushbury. Ideally single drop off points in Longville and Rushbury would be ideal. Deliveries to Rushbury will be made to the Village Hall as the Car Park allows sufficient social distancing space. These deliveries will be on a Monday afternoon, usually 3pm onwards.
Orders need to be in and complete by Sunday at the latest. These can be rung in at the shop on Saturday on 01952 727409 or ideally by using the contact us form on their website: https://ryansofwenlock.co.uk/.
Payment can be made via BACS. Cheques not favoured due to the challenge of finding a bank to deposit them and cash will be taken if necessary.
CHARCUTERIE PRODUCTS FROM EAST WALL (WENLOCK EDGE FARM SHOP)
Alison and Peter Theman continue to provide their range of products. Their shop at East Wall is open on Mondays to Fridays from 9am to 3pm (currently reduced from 5pm) and on Saturdays from 9am to 1pm. Customers to the shop are requested to visit one at a time during the current situation.
Orders can also be made and delivered via courier. For details on their range of products please visit their site: https://www.wenlockedgefarm.co.uk/farmshop/. You can also call them on 01694 771893 for more details and assistance.
PURCHASING FOOD FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO CASH
Shropshire Council have a system in place to purchase food for those people who are self-isolating and cannot purchase supplies over the phone using a debit or credit card and cannot access cash. Shropshire Council can make orders over the phone with a Shropshire Council purchasing card and arrange for this to be delivered. The customer will then be invoiced for payment at a later date. If you know of anybody who is struggling to make payments for supplies and need this support, please contact the Clerk who will get this organised with Shropshire Council.
NB - this is an emergency measure for those who have no other options. It is only for those who have money in the bank but can't get to it. Anyone who does not have any money to pay for food should contact the Covid-19 Helpline 0345 6789 028 for access to a free food parcel.