Rye Farmers Market
Rye Farmers Market Rules
- All produce must be locally grown or locally produced (local means within 30 miles of the Market) Producers outside 30 miles (but within 50 miles) may be considered if they offer the most local supply of a particular product.
- Producers who wish to attend the market must submit an application in the approved form to the committee and their decision is final.
- The stallholders shall pay at each market the appropriate fee as determined by the committee
- Stalls must be staffed by the producer, their family, or an employee who is directly involved with the growing/producing of the product on sale.
- Producers must sell only their own produce at a stall, all of which must have been stated on the License Application Form. A change of trade is not permitted without reapplication.
- Added value products must contain at least one local raw ingredient.
- All stalls must comply with current Trading Standards and Environmental Health requirements.
- Producers must maintain public, employee and products liability insurance.
- Producers will act to support the aims and objectives of the Rye Farmers' Market Committee.
- The committee may appoint a person ("market Manager") to be responsible for the management of the market on market days and whose decision regarding any matters arising during the market shall be final. Decisions by the market manager can be referred to the committee for further consideration if required.
- Stalls are hired to producers on the understanding that they assist with the dismantling and removal of the stalls at the end of the market.
- Stallholders will ensure that the area of their stall is left in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the market.
- Stallholders agree to arrive not later than 30 minutes before the start of the market and to not dismantle their stall before the agreed end of the market.
- Producers may only bring their own stalls to the market on prior agreement with the committee.
- Stallholders will sign the indemnity form as required by the Environment Agency.
- Producers must notify the market manager in advance if they are unable to attend the market. Failure to give such notification shall make the stallholder liable to pay the weekly fee for the stall.
- Not more than 2 stalls may sell the same produce without prior agreement with the committee.
- In the event of any dispute producers agree to abide by any decision made by the committee.
- Subject to the approval of the committee stallholders may sell other persons produce provided that the origin and nature of the goods is clearly marked and that the stallholder has close knowledge of the production and ingredients of all the produce. The producer of the other goods should use their best endeavours to be present at the market form time to time. Such other producers should attend the annual meetings.
- Each of the producers represented on a shared stall has applied and been accepted by the market organisers/selection panel. Stalls operated by non-profit making groups or societies need only make one application.