UKMSA Conference - 6th November 2013
As a result of listening to the latest series of "Shed Happens" - Mike Jenn came across a historic recording of a early Men's Sheds Conference he convened nearly seven years ago.
Here's the Agenda of that meeting held on the 6th Nopvember 2013.
This event launches the UK Men’s Sheds Association and will cover what Men’s Sheds are, why they are important and how they can be started and sustained.
- Frank Dobson MP: Secretary of State for Health 1997-9 (subject to Parliamentary business)
- Brian Sloan: CEO Age Scotland
- Prof. Andrew Steptoe: Director of the Institute of Epidemiology and Health Care in the Faculty of Population Health Sciences at UCL
- John Evoy: Coordinator of the Irish Men’s Sheds Association
- 10.30 Registration
- 11.00 Welcome; Speakers; Q&A; Presentations by three Men’s Sheds
- 12.30 Buffet Lunch
- 1.15 Workshops and Shed Visit
- Workshop 1: Finding Participants; Finding Premises; Types of Organisation
- Workshop 2: Shed Expenditure and Income; Health and Safety; Managing and Sustaining a Shed.
Choice of attending both workshops or one plus a visit to the nearby Camden Town Shed. Workshops will be resourced by Shed leaders who will be drawing on their experience.
3.30 Closing remarks – ‘refreshments and networking’
VENUE: Indian YMCA, 41 Fitzroy Square, London W1T 6AQ
CONTENTS - See Audio files at the foot of the page:
- Costs of running a Shed PART 1 (7-00)
- Costs of running a Shed PART 2 (9-37)
- Fees for Shedder attendance (2-06
- Finding Premises PART 1 (10-21)
- Finding Premises PART 2 (4-17)
- Getting people into the Shed (6-59)