Ok, I understand
Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.
Skip to main content

Sileby Bowls Club

Mens Results 20/8/18

SCROLL DOWN FOR THE LATEST SCORES

SWIFTS Thanks must go to Joe Rankin, captain of the Swifts for all his hard work during this season. All Joes hard work has resulted in our team being top of division 3. With only 4 games left to play we have 70 points and our nearest rivals Kegworth (who we play tomorrow night) have 54 points. Joe assures me we have a strong team for tomorrow nights match.

SWALLOWS Well done Richard Sellicks who has brought our Monday afternoon team up to fourth place from the bottom, with only 13 points separating the four. There is a possible 8 points to be won on each game.

Leicester league Wednesday July 18th. Sileby travelled to Belgrave last night and won the game 12 points to 4. "Well done Pete" looks like we will stay up in this division, or perhaps we will move up to division 2.

SWIFTS Thursday 19th July The club travelled to Kegworth, the match was important for both teams as Sileby is top of Division 3 and Kegworth is second. After a hard fought game the final score was Sileby 68 and Kegworth 55. "A good win this close to the end of the season with only 3 more games to play.

Thursday Evenings. The last game has been played by the Swifts and Sileby has won the Division 3 Championship, Well Done to Joe Rankin (Captain) and the rest of the team.

Wednesday Evenings Sileby finished 4th in the Leicester League, Well Done Peter Roe (Captain) and the team.

Monday Afternoons. We have one more match to play but at the moment we are 4th.

Saturday August 18th. Sileby played at home on Saturday and after 18 ends the match ended with Sileby 87 and Phoenix 65. I must apologise to Phoenix for the tea, or should I say lack of. We usually put on a nice salad or ploughman's but due to no members putting there names down we could only manage cake and biscuits, but as Jean put it "Posh cakes and biscuits plus scones and bun loaf, with jam". It was lovely to see my special carer playing (Eileen Forster) who once again will be taking care of me on the Brush Bowls Tour in a fortnights time.

Swallows Monday August 20th. Today was the last match of the 2018 season and the Swallows played the Hawks (Brush) at home. The final score after 18 ends was Sileby 65 and Hawks 32 a good win for the last game. Well Done Richard on doing a good job running the team this year.  

Knights v Sileby 26/4/2018 Knights v Sileby 26/4/2018
Knights v Sileby 26/4/2018 Knights v Sileby 26/4/2018