Smannell & Enham Alamein Parish
Christ Church was built in 1857 from local flint and brick. The internal walls are brick and the chancel has some interesting wall paintings. The Earle family gave generously to the church, both for fabric construction, and in the form of memorials. There are some significant plaques and three memorial stained glass windows dated 1891, 1894 and 1915 commemorating the death of family members. The north aisle, choir vestry and an organ were also donated. A millennium window has been installed in the north aisle. The light oak pews were made in Enham in the workshops for disabled servicemen.
A new parish of Smannell with Enham Alamein was formed in 1960.
The Parish is part of the Team Ministry of Knights Enham and Smannell with Enham Alamein