Somerset Farmers' Markets Ltd
The market is held on the first Saturday of every month from 9am - 1pm in the 400 year old market square in the centre of this ancient town. It is now in its twelfth year.
Axbridge provides an ideal setting for an outdoor canopy market and offers a great selection of about 25 stalls. This year the market won a Gold Award in the Taste of the West Hospitality & Retail Awards 2014. The picturesque square has excellent hotels and cafes, King John's Hunting Lodge Museum and can provide a base for exploring nearby Cheddar or the Mendip Hills.
- Beech Ridge Farm: Free range poultry including chicken, duck, goose and turkey plus eggs
- Bradley’s Juice: Apple juices and other fruit drinks, from our own orchard.
- Fussels Fine Foods: Farm based single cold pressed extra virgin rapeseed oil and a range of rapeseed based products.
- G.M. Country Sports: Game in season plus venison and game pies year round.
- Jan Bakes: Homemade cakes using free range local eggs and butter.
- Mere Fish Farm: Fresh trout reared in spring water, also hot, smoked, roulades and terrines.
- Moorland Farm: Natural beef from Moorland Farm in Axbridge, Somerset
- Portbridge Vegetables: A wide range of homegrown vegetables all year round.
- Raindrop Flowers: Florist and grower of seasonal cut flowers
- Real Pork: Saddleback/Large White cross pigs; home reared and produced pork
- Somerset Charcuterie: Salami, chorizo and other cured meats using traditional methods but with a west country twist
- Somerset Cheese Company: Award winning specialist cheese makers
- Somerset Ducks: All cuts of fresh duck plus oak smoked and duck pies and pasties. And also smoked chicken.
- Somerset Garlic & Countryware: A combination of garlic grown in Somerset and a range of stoneware pottery
- Stefano’s Homemade Food: A taste of Italy using local ingredients
- Taylors Traditional Bakers: Third generation family run artisan bakery.
- The Great Cake Company: A delicious range of gluten free cakes and chocolates.
- The Humble Pie Co: Award winning pie maker from the heart of Somerset
- The Little Nursery: Home grown perennial, annual, vegetable and herb plants
- The Parsnipship: We sell a wide range of homemade vegetarian savouries using local produce wherever possible.
- Wesley Cottage: Bees Local honey and honey products – direct from the beekeeper
- West Country Water Buffalo: A lower fat tasty meat fed only on grass and silage. Chosen as the ‘Best Somerset Meat Producer’ in the 2010 Taste of Somerset awards.
- Wootton Organic Dairy: Award winning sheep and cows cheese and yoghurts.
- Wraxall Vineyard: Local award winning vineyard