Somerset Farmers' Markets Ltd
Held on the third Saturday of each month from 9am - 1pm in Falkland Square, a pedestrianised area in the centre of this traditional market town.
With a comprehensive selection of around 20 stalls, this market was one of the first to be set up some 14 years ago. This year the market won a Silver Award in the Taste of the West Hospitality & Retail Awards 2014, and was praised for the excellent quality of the products on offer. The town has a great range of pubs and cafes and an individual street scene.
- Beech Ridge Farm: Free range poultry including chicken, duck, goose and turkey plus eggs
- Bower Hinton Farm Shop: A wide range of home grown vegetables and strawberries in season
- Chirpy Cottage: We supply gluten free, meat free, wheat free, vegan, dairy free and vegetarian products, with a choice of sweet and savoury morsels.
- Cottage Game: Seasonal game meat including pheasant, rabbit, pigeon, hare and duck. Venison all year round.
- Dorset Honey and Cider: Apples gathered from organic orchards for cider.
- Dorset Shellfish: Fresh from our boats in Weymouth
- Gruffs Goats: We are a Somerset based farm rearing and selling goat.
- Leakers Bakery: Great Taste award winning independent bakery making and selling a range of specialist breads, cakes and savouries, hand–crafted and baked on the premises in brick floored ovens.
- North Perrot Fruit Farm: Apples and apple and pear juice in season. Shortlisted as best drinks producer in the 2010 ‘Taste of Somerset’ Awards’.
- Old Castle Farm Pork: Pork products from traditional British Saddleback and Berkshire pigs
- Raindrop Flowers: Florist and grower of seasonal cut flowers
- Simply Cooking: Traditional hand-made cakes and savouries including a range of ready meals.
- Somerset Cheese Company: Award winning specialist cheese makers
- Somerset Farm: Traditional Breeds Somerset Farm Traditional Breeds is owned and run by Faye Litherland of Hornblotton Farm. She specialises in producing the finest quality native and rare breed produce from pedigree animals.
- The Barley Sugar Bakehouse: Speciality cakes and desserts with high quality ingredients.
- The Little Nursery: Home grown perennial, annual, vegetable and herb plants
- West Country Water Buffalo: A lower fat tasty meat fed only on grass and silage. Chosen as the ‘Best Somerset Meat Producer’ in the 2010 Taste of Somerset awards.
- Wootton Organic Dairy: Award winning sheep and cows cheese and yoghurts.
- Wraxall Vineyard: Local award winning vineyard