Somerset Farmers' Markets Ltd
More than a market! On the first Sunday of the month from 10am - 3pm, March to December, the town centre of Frome is closed to traffic and is transformed into a huge celebratory event!
More like a monthly festival there is a buzz in the air with music, street theatre, hands on activities and tasty street food. The event is divided into different sections including a flea market, new designers, crafts and vintage. Somerset Farmers’ Markets organises the centrally located 24 pitch ‘farmers’ market’ section around the Market Cross – just look out for the green and white striped canopies. A complete farmers’ market experience but with many additional hot food options for all day grazing.
- Bioaqua Farm: Sustainably grown fish, fruit and vegetable gourmet produce and specialities using environmentally friendly bio-symbiotic farming methods.
- Brown Cow Organics: An award winning farm producing multi award winning organic beef, organic yogurts and River Cottage yoghurt and panna cotta.
- Cottage Game: Seasonal game meat including pheasant, rabbit, pigeon, hare and duck. Venison all year round.
- Dream Garden: Somerset honey and beeswax products plus honey cake and plants to attract wildlife and bees to your garden
- Ellises Farm: Free range rare breed pork, sausage and bacon plus air dried hams, salami and chorizo
- Fussels Fine Foods: Farm based single cold pressed extra virgin rapeseed oil and a range of rapeseed based products.
- Gould’s Cheddar: Award winning, traditional, handmade cheddar cheese and butter.
- Herby4: We are a small family business producing potted culinary herbs and apple juices.
- Loganberry: Natural handcrafted skin care; soaps, creams, body butters and serums
- Marshwood Vale Cider: “The Juice, the whole Juice, and nothing but the Juice”
- Mill Farm Catering: We sell gourmet ready meals and snacks
- Portbridge Vegetables: A wide range of homegrown vegetables all year round.
- Pure Pigs: Traditional breed pork and Boer goat meat and free range poultry
- Rosies: Cakes, baked goods and a range of preserves
- Sagebury Fine Foods: Producers of homemade quality savouries
- strEAT Greek: Traditional Greek/Mediterranean style food using family recipes and local ingredients where possible.
- Taylors Traditional Bakers: Third generation family run artisan bakery.
- Terre Del Checco: Producers of pure, organic olive oil
- The Great Cake Company: A delicious range of gluten free cakes and chocolates.
- The Mead Nursery: Ornamental plants grown in peat free compost.
- The Unusual Pork Pie & Quiche Company: Handmade pies and quiches with an array of flavours and sizes.
- West Country Water Buffalo: A lower fat tasty meat fed only on grass and silage. Chosen as the ‘Best Somerset Meat Producer’ in the 2010 Taste of Somerset awards.
- Wookey Farm: Home grown produce straight from the farm, specialising in goats cheeses
- Wraxall Vineyard: Local award winning vineyard.