St. Leonard's Centre, Oakley
Oakley Toddler Group has been running since 1977. It was established by St Leonard’s Church for the benefit of the young families of the village and is run under the auspices of the church today. A team of volunteers organise the Group.
The Oakley Toddler Group is non-profit making. A constitution is available on request.
- Pippins Toddler Group provides a stimulating and safe environment in which children can play and interact with one another. It is also a meeting place for parents and carers.
- All children, from birth to pre-school, are welcome.
- The main room provides activities for pre-school children. Every week there is a craft table and Playdough, Brio and cars, a slide and trampoline. There is also a play kitchen, dressing-up clothes and dolls. Parents are encouraged to participate in all the activities.
- There is a quiet, comfortable room for those with babies and toddlers, with a selection of age-related toys. Sometimes older children also enjoy the peace and quiet of this room.
- Refreshments for both children and adults are provided.
- At the end of the session we all gather together for singing time.
A Typical Session
- 1.30pm Welcome Desk opens
- 1.30-2.30pm Free play with toys, puzzles and crafts
- 2.35pm Tidy up time
- 2.40pm Children’s drinks and biscuits
- 2.50pm Singing
- 3.00pm Home Time
Time: 1.30 to 3.00pm Every Tuesday in term time
Cost: £2.50 per session
For further information, please contact the Centre Office on 01256 782724.