St. Michael's Church, North Waltham
The Parish Church of North Waltham is St Michael’s, on the south side of the village. There has been Christian worship in North Waltham since around 1200AD and the Church still plays an important part in village life with services every Sunday, and church members are represented in most village groups. The present building dates back to 1865 when it was rebuilt following collapse of the South wall and chancel arch in about 1850. However, it contains enough original masonry to show the development of the building through the Norman and Gothic periods.
The building is used every Sunday for worship and also during the week for weddings, funerals and many other activities. including Messy Church and children’s holiday clubs.
We aim to serve the communities in which we live by showing something of the love that God has for the people in this area. Our main work in the community comes from the daily living of our members as we offer our time and support to our neighbours. Many of our members are also involved in voluntary organisations. As a church we also aim to identify needs in the community and try to help where we can. From our fundraising activities we generously support good causes locally, nationally and overseas.
We support the Winchester Diocese priorities of:
- growing authentic disciples, passionately, confidently & courageously sharing our faith
- re-imagining the Church connecting and engaging with our local communities
- being agents of social transformation using our influence to transform public and personal life
- belonging together in Christ, practising sacrificial living and good stewardship of all that God has entrusted to us