St Ives Farmers' Market
Who can trade at the Farmers' Market?
Any business that grows, bakes, rears, catches, smokes, brews or cures local food is eligible to take part in the markets.
By local we mean that the business must be based within 30 miles of St Ives (that means almost as far as St Austell and Padstow). Some ingredients can be ‘imported’ from further afield, in which case they must have been substantially altered by the trader.
While the market is primarily geared towards food, other goods may be sold if they are linked directly to the land – for example, cut flowers or plants.
Below is a list of some of our regular stallholders - although its not exhaustive as stalls vary week to week and according to season. You can see what a fantastic variety of Cornish produce we have on sale.
- Cornish Pork Pantry: A traditional family run farm and business, selling a range of pork products, pies and quiches, as well as beef and chicken in season. Our pigs are all outdoor reared, giving the animal the best quality of life and gives you the highest quality meat (01726 883 080).
- Cornish Seasalt: Unrefined, brilliantly white crystals from the clearest, Grade A accredited waters off the Lizard Peninsula, Cornish Seasalt is the tastier and healthier alternative to traditional table salt (08453 375 277).
- Gwenen Apiaries: Honey from hives in West Cornwall. Different flavours are available reflecting the different locations in which the bees forage – from the gardens of large country houses to the open heathland of West Cornwall (01209 842 860).
- Individual Cakes: Buns, muffins, maccarons and cakes with a continental influence (01736 799575).
- Kernow Inferno: Chilli sauces and jams - grown and made in Cornwall.
- Kyfyth Kernow: Homemade jams, marmalades and preserves. What is available depends on the season but include Blackberry & Apple Jam, Blackcurrant Jam, Apricot & Orange Marmalade, Green Tomato Chutney and Cranberry Jelly. Maker Jen Harries uses as much locally grown Cornish produce as she possibly can , including her own home grown fruit (01209 716 391).
- Paul Connor: Fresh vegetables grown in the local area. What's available depends on what's in season!
- Puddleduck Pantry: Puddleduck Pantry, so called after spending hours baking whilst watching our ducks splashing about in the garden. I make a variety of handmade confectionary, including marshmallows, nougat, fudges, nut brittle, turkish delight, fruit pastilles & hard candy (07951 556 622).
- Roseveor Pants: Lush and colourful plants for your garden, including perennials, herbs, shrubs and the occasional small tree. An unusual mix of succulents are also on offer (07731 041 247).
- Ruby June - The Indian Kitchen: Authentic Indian food - ready to eat or take home. Fresh curry sauces, samosas with various fillings, dhal, onion bahjis and indian flatbreads.
- Sushi Ichiban: Sushi is one of the most popular foods in Japan – a delicious, nutritious and versatile food with many health-giving properties—it has little or no fat, is low in calories and is a source of Omega 3 (01726 77 966).
- The Cornish Smokehouse: Only the finest quality Cornish produce is carefully cured and traditionally smoked in small kilns, using a unique blend of fragrant Cornish fruitwoods. The smokehouse is on the edge of the River Fal where this family business have been happily smoking away for over 25 years Products include: salmon, shellfish, meats, game and cheeses (01726 883 201).
- The Ginger Mexican: Salsas and dips for Mexican food. Cooked by a strawberry blonde surfer who grew up on the beaches of the South West but fell in love with the food and waves of Mexico.
- The Old Forge Fish: Supplier of wet fish, shellfish, smoked fish.
- The Rustic Garden Company: Specialising in rustic window boxes and planters with decorative edges, bird houses and bird feeders. All our wooden products are made using pressure treated timber, recycled wood (when available), eco friendly exterior eggshell paints and high quality hardware (01736 810 433).
- Tom's Yard Jams and Chutneys: Homemade jams and chutneys made from local and home grown produce where possible (07884 363962).