Cookies

We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

THE CONCERT AT ST JOHN’S CHURCH PURBROOK

THE CONCERT AT ST JOHN’S CHURCH PURBROOK I am sorry i do not have many photos of the concert  but if you have any more send them to me and i can post them its the one thing i forgot to arange i can do videos as well.here is the write up for it 

Well it came at last our Christmas concert. After months of practice and just two rehearsals.The day finally arrived.I think we all were nervous me especially.It was 4pm and i was late getting to the  Church to put the heating on.Due to a Christmas lunch. As the Chairman of the man’s shed Pat and i had to attend. After putting the heating on we shot home to change and return before  6pm as pat had to sort out the hall and food.I then had zoom off to pick up two of the band and get back by 630pm again i was late.But having given the band there instructions all was well they had sorted the church out. The public had started arriving and the time soon came around to start.As we marched on. I picked up a mike checked the battery and turned it on only to find it did not work .I had not turned on the sound system.A quick run down the church saying sorry as i went only to find the cabinet locked .Undaunted i returned to my place and told every one so i had to raise my voice to be heard at the rear of the Church .We started at around 7.10 pm and completed our first set. We had only one hiccup on one song which i soon restarted . Our set finished at around 8.10 pm and we retired to the hall for mulled wine and minced pies while singing for fun had their set to perform. Then everyone  retired to the hall for wine and food teas coffee for 30 minutes then back in to the church for the last set .The Carol set.The audience were singing This time and soon we had trouble hearing are selves play. 

All in all we had a good evening and a very good audience. A night to remember well done to all and our thanks to all that helped.           

PHOTO FROM HILARY PHOTO FROM HILARY
PHOTO FROM HILARY PHOTO FROM HILARY