Stoke St Milborough Parish Council
Connecting Shropshire programme update, September 2020 Top-up Voucher Scheme – http://connectingshropshire.co.uk/gigabit-broadband-voucher-scheme Shropshire Council has made up to £1 million of additional funding available to ‘top-up’ the Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme in partnership with the Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport (DCMS).
The purpose of this strategic investment is to support those premises currently not included in any Connecting Shropshire contract. For homes, the maximum funding per voucher will be £4,000, thanks to an extra £2,500 per voucher from Shropshire Council. Eligible businesses can receive an additional £3,500 bringing the maximum funding per voucher to £7,000.
To qualify for the Scheme, groups of 2 or more residents/businesses must be located in a rural area and be unable to get broadband speeds of 100Mbps. How does the Voucher Scheme work? The chart below shows the step-by-step process that each voucher recipient will go through to activate their voucher:
1. Enter your postcode in the checker on the DCMS website (https://gigabitvoucher.culture.gov.uk/) to find a registered supplier and sign up for a gigabitcapable broadband connection;
2. Your supplier requests a voucher from DCMS, who will email you to check that you’re happy to go ahead;
3. Your supplier installs the infrastructure required to deliver your new broadband connection;
4. Once you’re connected, your supplier lets DCMS know the work is done;
5. DCMS emails you to check that the new broadband connection is working properly;
6. DCMS may make further checks, including a site visit, before they pay your supplier.
Broadband coverage map updated: Connecting Shropshire has analysed the information from the Market Intelligence Review and the updated Coverage Map is now available online, see: http://connectingshropshire.co.uk/broadbandcoverage-map/ Summary of Market Intelligence Review analysis: Classification Premises Current superfast coverage (grey dots) 145,960 Planned superfast coverage by June 2023 (blue dots) 3,935 No current or planned superfast coverage (yellow dots) 1,433 TOTAL Premises 151,328 The online map is searchable by postcode to determine the classification of individual premises. Screenshot of superfast broadband coverage map showing premises with no current/planned superfast broadband coverage (yellow dots) and planned superfast coverage by June 2023 (blue dots).
Any questions? If you have any broadband-related queries, please email email@example.com with your question as well as providing your address and landline number (if you have one).
Find Stoke St Milborough Parish Council
Stoke St Milborough, Ludlow, Shropshire