Stoke upon Tern Parish Council
Stoke upon Tern Parish comprises the village of Stoke upon Tern and smaller settlements of Stoke Heath, Wistanwick, Ollerton, Tern Hill and Eaton upon Tern. These settlements form a Community Cluster set in open countryside.
Stoke Heath is designated as a Community Hub in the Shropshire Site Allocations and Development Management Plan Submission Draft (2014) serving the surrounding hamlets and isolated groups of dwellings and businesses. Together the Stoke Heath Community Hub and the Stoke upon Tern Community Cluster offer a range of services which contribute to a sustainable community.
The Parish total population of 1,740, in 440 households, at the time of the 2001 census, this increased to a population of 2,034 in 492 households at the 2011 Census.
Some of the unique selling points are:
- Rural character and setting with small rural settlements set within the open countryside.
- Establish community with long-term residency of families.
- Ex-military or crown land sites within the parish.
- Remote settlements of former military sites.
- Established collaborative farming community with a mixture of small and large farms.
- Established travelling community network.
- Significant geographical features that contribute to the character and setting including the River Tern, forming part of the parish boundary.
- An extensive network of interlinked footpaths and bridleways