Ok, I understand
Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.
Skip to main content

Sutton at Hone & Hawley Parish Council

Kent Fire & Rescue

Kent Fire and Rescue Service is now recruiting on-call firefighters at a variety of locations around the county and was wondering whether you would be willing to include the attached artwork together with the following copy into your village magazine or newsletter please? We can also provide flyers for notice boards if you have the space for this and would greatly appreciate any help you can provide in helping ensure your local community is aware.

All sorts of people can be on-call firefighters... and we want to hear from you!

On-call firefighters are paid to be available for an agreed number of hours. 

During that time you can go about your normal life at home or work, but if you get a call to say we need you, you must be able to drop what you are doing and get to the station within five minutes.

The hours we offer will be based on what the local station needs to deal with the risk in your area.

To be an on-call firefighter, you must:

• be at least 18 years old
  • be physically fit
  • live or work within five minutes of one of the recruiting stations and be able to offer the hours we need

Check our website for details including recruitment criteria – www.kent.fire-uk.org/oncall

More information is available on our website along with short films which explain in more detail about being an on-call firefighter.

Any questions, please do not hesitate to give me a call on the number below or email me.

Many thanks and kind regards

Jo Harfleet

Jo Harfleet | Communications Officer | Kent Fire & Rescue Service | Press Office: 01622 212425 | T: 01622 692121 Ext: 8271 M:07515 189249 | KFRS website| A: The Godlands, Straw Mill Hill, Tovil, Maidstone, ME15 6XB

Our news releases are available on our website.  To be notified of new items, sign up for email updates, like us on Facebook  and Twitter or Flickr.com for images of KFRS