Ok, I understand
Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.
Skip to main content

Sutton at Hone & Hawley Parish Council

Sept 17

SOUTHEASTERN TRAINS

I’m getting in touch to let you know that we’ve announced the introduction of 68 extra carriages on Southeastern’s busiest services – meaning more seats, more capacity and more comfortable journeys – something that I know you will welcome.

Longer trains to improve capacity and provide more comfortable journeys

Passenger numbers on our services have increased by 40% in past 10 years, and these extra carriages will provide over 5,000 additional seats into London in the morning peak alone, enabling thousands more people to travel in greater comfort. 

We have worked closely with the Department for Transport and Govia Thameslink Railway to secure the transfer of these carriages, which were previously in use on Thameslink and Southern services.

We have prioritised the introduction of these longer trains on our busiest services, and they will mean more seats, more space and more comfortable journeys. The first 16 of these carriages will be deployed this week, and we are looking forward to introducing the rest by November.

Longer trains to call at stations across our network

Longer trains will begin calling at stations across our network from today, improving capacity on our busiest services meaning more seats and more comfortable journeys for passengers.These improvements will also mean that Maidstone East line passengers will enjoy more air-conditioned modern carriages with some peak-time trains doubling in length.

On the Hayes, Bexleyheath, Woolwich, Sidcup, Bromley South and Grove Park lines, passengers will see a number of peak-time trains lengthened from eight to ten carriages while some six-car trains will lengthen to eight.

Improving passenger satisfaction

We are committed to improving the experience of our passengers while they’re travelling with Southeastern. Based on passenger feedback, we have invested over £70m to improve train performance, customer service and station facilities.

The most recent National Rail Passenger Survey found that 81% of Southeastern passengers are satisfied with our service, up 11% from the previous survey and the largest improvement ever recorded by a train operating company.

Finally, if you have any questions about this announcement, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Chris Vinson

Stakeholder Engagement Manager

southeasternrailway.co.uk

southeastern

Friars Bridge Court

41-45 Blackfriars Road

London, SE1 8NZ

BRITISH LEGION

See attached poster

ELECTORAL COMMISSION

See attached poster

Please read the attached from The British Legion looking for new members