- Consisting of the Mayor and Deputy Mayor as ex-officio members, plus five Councillors and four non-Councillors, who can be chosen from Market Traders at the Saturday Market, representatives of the Friday Market or Poultry Auction and members of the business or tourism community.
- The Market, Events & Tourism Committee to meet on a monthly meeting cycle (or as and when required).
LEAD OFFICER: Deputy Town Clerk.
- The Deputy Town Clerk and Market Superintendent as officers of the Council to work with the Committee and deal with all day to day or week to week management issues.
- The Committee shall ensure that applications for licenses are dealt with swiftly and management issues relating to the Market are resolved satisfactorily. In certain circumstances deadlines may be extended to coincide with scheduled Committee meetings.
- The Committee will deal with the management of the Market, granting and revoking licenses and implementing Market Policy.
- The Committee to annually review Market Licence Rules and Regulations; pricing structures for the Market including pitch fees for licensed and casual traders. The result of an annual pricing review will be recommended to the full Council at the time of the budget. The Committee will promote the Market via a website and social media.
- The Committee will work with the staff in relation to local or national Market initiatives i.e. N.A.B.M.A, Love Your Local Market, if appropriate.