The Town Council is responsible for the upkeep of the Cemetery and Chapel however the responsibility for maintenance of memorial headstones is a matter for the next of kin.
There are rules relating to memorials and graves, to help achieve the highest possible standard of maintenance.
The Cemetery Chapel, Brandon Road was built in the 1920's, it was renovated and modernised in 2013 and now has an electricity, a water supply and a disabled toilet.
The Chapel is furnished to cater for devout and non-religious funeral services.
Anyone wishing to inquire about the cemetery should call the office, 01760 722922 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
On a regular basis the Ground Maintenance Team undertake ‘Topple Testing’ of the headstones & memorials to ensure compliance and safety. Notices are displayed and any failed headstones are either ‘laid down’ or ‘staked’ whilst the next of kin is informed (where possible)
This programme of testing continues throughout the year, in between normal tasks.
The cost of and initiation of repairs is down to the family/next of kin.