The Burford Singers
Spring Term 2015
We are rehearsing for the concert on Saturday 28th March. The first rehearsal is on Thursday 8th January at 7.30 p.m. (doors open at 7 p.m. for collection of scores).
Compulsory rehearsals: Thursday 26th March at 7.30 p.m., Sunday 28th March at 2.30 p.m
Summer Term 2015
We will be rehearsing for a concert as part of the Burford Festival on Sunday 14th June.
The first rehearsal will be on Thursday 16th April at 7.30 p.m. (doors open at 7 p.m. for collection of scores).
There will also be a workshop: 9.30 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. on Saturday 16th May 2015 at Burford School.
Compulsory rehearsals: Thursday 11th June at 7.30 p.m., Sunday 14th June at 2.30 p.m
Our rules – See the attachment below
Membership and Subscriptions
- The membership year runs from 1st September to 31st August.
- Subscriptions must be paid in advance.
- Members are only be entitled to attend rehearsals if they can sing in the concert at the end of that term.
- All membership expires at the end of each membership year.
Members are asked to inform the Membership Secretary promptly if their plans for singing with the Choir change, and to cease attending rehearsals if they find they cannot sing in the concert that term.
Applicants for membership are required to undergo a voice assessment by the Music Director or to provide evidence of musical ability; existing members of the Choir will also be asked to do so from time to time.
- You must attend at least 75% of rehearsals for those concerts, e.g. 6 out of 8 rehearsals, 9 out of 12 rehearsals: the final two rehearsals are compulsory.
- Don’t forget to ensure your attendance is noted by your section register rep.
- Be punctual and bring a pencil.
- If you have to miss a rehearsal, please phone your section rep or email
The subscription normally covers the cost of hiring the scores. Please come early to the first rehearsal to collect your score(s), and remember to hand them back at the end of the concert. David and Alison Willatts are our score secretaries. You can contact them via email, or telephone 01608 685363.
It’s your choir!
The choir is run by its members, and everyone is encouraged to help wherever possible with background work for the Choir, e.g. preparation for concerts, fund-raising, administrative work, catering, advertising, programme preparation, etc. It is always appreciated.
Concerts are usually held three times each year, in November, March/April and June.
Usual dress for concerts:
Women: Full-length black skirt, or smart black trousers, long-sleeved white blouse.
Men: Dinner jacket, white shirt, black bow tie.
No bottles of water are allowed on the concert platform.
We only applaud when sitting down.