Tittensor Village Hall
CONDITIONS OF HIRE
CONDITIONS OF HIRE of TITTENSOR VILLAGE HALL Registared Charity No 522774
Held in Trust for the Residents of Tittensor and the Neighbourhood.
- The Hirer Shall agree to:-
HEALTH & SAFETY CHECK LIST.
- Carry out the requirements of and be familiar with Conditions of Hire with regard to SAFETY of all users.
A COPY IS DISPLAYED ON THE NOTICE BOARD IN THE FOYER
- Use any electrical equipment brought in by the hirer safely in accordance with the instructions.
- Be responsible for the supervision of all activities to ensure the hall’s fabric and contents are safe from
damage however slight and to monitor the behaviour of all persons using the hall whatever their capacity.
- Adult Supervision at all times for young persons under the age of 18 years and for vulnerable adults.
- Very Load Music is not allowed. TVH members have the right to TURN OFF/ DOWN the VOLUME and if not satisfied cancel the Hiring immediately without notice
- Make good or pay for the cost of all damage [including accidental damage] repairs or replacement to the village hall or to the fixtures, fittings or contents and loss of contents.
- A Damage Deposit of £50 to be paid when booking the hall. This will be returned after the hall has been
Inspected for and damage or mess. The cost of repair/replacement/ cleaning shall be deducted.
- Please do not use drawing pins, sellotape or blue tack on the walls of the hall or in other rooms.
Period of Hire
- The time stated on the booking form for access to & vacating the Hall must be strictly adhered to.
Fire Precautions Extinguisher points : Foyer : Hall :Stage.
- No Smoking is allowed on the premises
- Hirers make themselves familiar with fire Emergency Exits which must be left clear of any obstruction.
- In an emergency advise the services of Tittensor Village Hall’s Postal Code ST12 9HW
Health & Food Hygiene
- Observe all relevant food and hygiene legislation and regulations in preparing, serving or selling food.
- Read and comply with all the items on the Notice Sheet posted on the inside of the Kitchen.
Drink Licence - Duty of Responsibility and Care
- The hirer is responsible for obtaining a licence when alcohol is to be sold.
- Not to sell or serve alcohol to or allow anyone under the age of 18..
- Not allow alcohol to be consumed outside the hall -on the car park. or playing field
- Ask anyone suspected of being drunk/or having drugs or acting in a disorderly way to leave the hall.
Give Consideration to Local Residents
- Allow no loud noise or nuisance during the hire period, particularly if smokers leave the hall.
Children & Vulnerable Adults Policy
- Users to take special care when dealing with Children and Vulnerable Adults. See Policy Statement.
- Ensure that any activities for children comply with the provisions of the Children Act of 1989
i.e. having a CRB check.-Not applicable if a private function with parents/responsible adults attending
- Report any concerns, suspicions or alleged incident to the Nominated Trustee [in confidence].
- Nominated Trustee Mr Paul Richardson [Chairman] Tel 01782 372564
End of Hire
- At the end of the hiring and before leaving clean and tidy the premises replace tables and chairs.
- Use correct refuse bins outside and recycle items correctly.
- Switch off all lights, close all windows and all doors. Turn off all electrical equipment used.
- If kitchen was used make sure the Gas Cooker & Water Heater are turned off.
- Turn off the Heating off- by turning down the * Heating Thermostat below 10º
[* this is situated in the foyer on the Wall left of the entrance door/left of the kitchen door]
- Advise the Booking Secretary of any damage caused or of anything requiring attention.
THE BOWLING GREEN IS STRICTLY OUT OF BOUNDS TO ALL HIRERS OF