Tittensor Village Hall
HALLMARK 1 – Charity administration and management.
A quality standards scheme for village halls.
Tittensor Village Hall management committee is pleased to announce that it has just received conformation of meeting the standards required to achieve the award of Hallmark 1 by the Staffordshire Community Council- Village Halls Advisory Service.
- This is a nationally recognised standard for a well managed village hall with a benchmark for well managed community facilities.
- It gives village halls trustees and volunteers confidence that they are running their hall in the correct way.
- It encourages management committees to share best practice, access local training opportunities for their needs and build strong networks at local level to create a sustainable support system.
- It assesses whether the hall is complying with the requirements of its charitable status.
- Hallmark is supported and is the administrator by the Community Council of Staffordshire through the Village Halls Advisory Service who’s adviser is Cathy Russell.
- There is no additional funding for this project. It uses a system of trained peer visitors who use checklists to assess management and provide an external validation of performance. These peer visitors are often active hall committee members who have already been through the hall scheme.
Our two visitors were Les McDowell and Bob Jenkins. Bob of Walton [Berkswich] who received Hallmark Level 1 certificate from Her Majesty’s Lord- Lieutenant Mr Ian Dudson CBE, CStY at last year’s Community Council’s AGM at Standon.
4th January, 2016