We are coming back!
Turpins Indoor Bowls Club
We hope you have all been keeping safe and are well.
In the light of recent Government & English Indoor Bowling Association (EIBA) advice, indoor bowls clubs are now permitted to re-open, subject to meeting certain criteria.
Your Board have reviewed the criteria and believe we could potentially re-open from Monday 7th September, subject to sufficient interest from you the members.
The Board are proposing several rule changes both around the club and the game itself, to enable social distancing and to maintain the wellbeing of players & staff.
Please take time to look through the key proposed changes summarised below (full details on EIBA website) then let us know if you feel you would be prepared to return to indoor bowling (either for casual roll-ups or League fixtures) once (or soon after) these changes have been implemented.
As our club is not-for-profit, but still has rent, utilities and other costs to pay throughout the lockdown, the Board are asking members to pay some of their usual 2020/2021 annual membership fee. The Board is asking members to pay half their annual membership (£42.50 for adults) from September to cover the period up to 31/12/20. We will then reassess the situation in January before asking for the remaining 50%. We will email out membership renewals shortly, please pay by bank transfer where possible.
When the club does re-open, we are asking for a few members to volunteer to open/close the club and carry out agreed sanitising where a member of staff is not present. These volunteers can then bowl and will not be expected to sit out and run the reception.
PLEASE REPLY TO firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP SO WE CAN COLATE ALL MEMBER'S VIEWS.
1) Face coverings are required in accordance with Gov't guidelines for indoor venues.
2) All rinks must be pre-booked by calling the club. Initially only 3 rinks will be used at any time, maximum 6 players per rink who must maintain 2-metre social distancing at all times. Sessions will not overlap to allow for sanitising.
3) Players feeling unwell with any of the Covid-19 symptoms identified by the Gov't must not attend the club.
4) A one-way system will be sign-posted within the club with separate entry/ exit doors. Seating will be at 2m spacing.
5) Changing rooms/ lockers will be closed after the first visit and players will be asked to come dressed to play and take their bowls home. Dress code will be relaxed, but bowlers must not wear their bowls shoes outside the club. The dining room will be cleared to allow bowlers to change into bowls shoes.
6) Rink fees and hot drinks should be paid for using our new contactless card terminal. Cash transactions should be avoided. Members who do not have a Debit or credit card will be able to pre-purchase rink-fee vouchers.
7) Toilets will be open. No more than 2 persons may enter either Ladies or Gents toilets at any one time.
8) The club will be sanitised before each session and all players are encouraged to use the sanitiser stations provided. Players are also encouraged to bring their own hand sanitiser.
9) Players should bring their own cups for water/ hot drinks. The black reusable cup holders will be removed.
10) Screens and face shields will be provided for staff
11) The game itself will be modified slightly to prevent more than one person touching the mat, jack, scoreboard/card or someone else's woods. See attached "Turpin's rules of play"
These rules are in accordance with EIBA guidelines for Covid-19 issue 4, but may be changed at short notice if EIBA or Government advice changes.
- 01799 525959
- 07443 226064
Find Turpins Indoor Bowls Club
Peaslands Road, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB11 3EG
Located behind the Lord Butler Leisure Centre