Uplands Farmers' Market
In 2013 an enthusiastic band of local people including Ben Reynolds and Gordon Gibson from local regeneration company, Trilein, local Councillors and members of the community got together to create Uplands Market.
The market was a huge success from the beginning and has attracted thousands of shoppers – there is also a long waiting list of potential traders. The market is supported by local shops and cafes, all contributing to a real buzz to the area.
The aims of the market are:
- Bring quality Welsh produce to the community
- Increase footfall in Uplands
- Add to the cultural offer of Uplands and the City
- Provide opportunities for small, independent Welsh producers
- Demonstrate the value of and new qualities of public space
- Encourage significant improvements to a public space in Uplands
- Contribute to a more sustainable Swansea by:
- Reducing imported goods and lowering food miles
- Supporting local producers in Wales
- Contributing to public health with more fresh produce options
- Improving the balance of public space between pedestrians, cyclists and drivers
Do please keep up with our news, both on this website and on our Facebook and Twitter pages, where all the Market news and updates are posted. Both are named Uplands Market.