Village Hall (Pine Lodge)
Terms and Conditions - Weddings
Hereinafter, Little Milton Village Hall shall be referred to as ‘LMVH’ and the Hirer named on the Booking form as ‘the hirer’
- Booking. All applications for the hire of the building must be in writing on a booking form and forwarded on completion to the booking secretary. The person named on this application form shall be considered the Hirer. Where an organisation is named, the person signing hereby confirms that they do so with full authority of the organisation.
- Deposit. A £500 deposit must be paid, by way of £100 at the time of application to secure the date, and the balance of £400 to be paid at least 4 months in advance of the date of the engagement which will be finally booked when the total deposit has been received. The booking deposit is refundable subject to satisfactory inspection of the building by LMVH management but the management committee reserve the right to retain the total deposit of £500 for any damage and/or breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Energy Charges. Energy charges are included in the Hire charge.
- Hire Charges. The hiring charges shall be those shown on the booking form and determined by LMVH. The Hire charges to be paid should reach the booking secretary at least 14 days before the engagement.
- Cancellation. In the event of cancellation less than 14 days before the engagement, an administration charge of £25 will be deducted from the deposit monies.
- Right of refusal. LMVH may refuse any application for the hire of the Building without stating a reason.
- Alcohol. Alcoholic drinks may be served free but NO SALE of alcoholic drinks may be undertaken unless the permission is sought from LMVH and an occasional Licence for the Building has been obtained from SODC. No events may be advertised stating the availability of any alcoholic drinks (whether free or not) without the prior permission of LMVH.
- Public Entertainments, Music & Dancing. All the conditions attached to the Music and Dancing Licence for the Building shall be duly observed. A copy of such Licence may be seen on application to LMVH and the Hirer shall be deemed to have had notice of all such conditions. All music must have the volume turned down and all external doors must be closed by 11.30pm. All music must cease at 12.00 midnight, and the Pine Lodge must be vacated by 12.30am.
- Other Licences, Theatre & Performing Rights Society LMVH’s Licence does not cover performances of Ballet, Opera Choral Works etc. The Hirer is responsible for obtaining the requisite Performing Rights Society Licence and any other licence that may be required for their intended purpose. Any such licence must be exhibited to LMVH.
- Occupation and use. The hire of the Building is for the specific agreed times shown in the booking form and does not entitle the Hirer to use or enter the premises at any other time. The building shall only be used for lawful activities. LMVH does not represent that the building is suitable for any particular purpose and the hirer must satisfy themselves in this respect.
- Sub-let. The Hirer shall not sublet the Building or any part thereof.
- Advertising. All advertising of events is subject to the approval of LMVH. Advertising includes posters, newspaper inserts, magazine inserts, tickets, radio and television announcements, internet websites and all other forms of media.
- Breakages and Damage. The hirer is responsible for all damage to the building, equipment, furniture and property in the building & grounds occurring during the period of the hiring or while persons are entering or leaving the building pursuant to the hire, however and by whomsoever caused. The Hirer will be responsible for replacement ‘as new’ of any equipment, furniture or property and for the full cost of making good any damage to the building, fixtures and fittings.
- Culpability. Except for wilful negligence on the part of LMVH, LMVH shall not be responsible for any loss of, or damage to, the hirers or any third parties property arising out of the hiring, nor for any loss, damage, or injury which may be incurred by, or be done to or happen to, any person or persons using the building during the hiring, arising from any cause whatsoever or for any loss due to any breakdown of machinery, failure or supply of electricity, leakage of water, fire, government restriction or act of God which may cause the Building to be temporarily closed or the hiring to be interrupted or cancelled. The Hirer shall indemnify LMVH against any claim which may arise out of the hiring or which may be made by any person using the building during the hiring in respect of any loss damage or injury.
- Entry. The right of entry to the building is reserved to LMVH and any other agent of LMVH and any police officer at any time during the hiring.
- Conduct and Good Order. The hirer shall ensure that good order is kept in the building during the hiring. The hirer will also ensure that those attending the engagement maintain good order during arrival and departure from the building. At all times the hirer will take reasonable care to ensure that the occupants of neighbouring properties are not inconvenienced by noise, obstruction by vehicles and the like. THE HIRER SHALL ENSURE THAT NO FIREWORKS OR FLOATING CHINESE LANTERNS ARE LIT INSIDE OR OUTSIDE THE HALL. THIS VILLAGE HAS MANY THATCHED PROPERTIES.
- Cessation of activity. LMVH or Committee Member(s) reserves the right to put a stop to any entertainment or meeting not properly or reasonably conducted.
- Condition on vacation. On vacation of the building, the hirer shall leave the building in a clean and orderly state and all waste paper, food debris and any other waste matter must be cleared from the building and suitably disposed of in the receptacles provided. The deposit monies will be refunded after a satisfactory inspection of the building by a member of building management. THE MANAGEMENT ASK THAT ALL CANS AND BOTTLES ARE REMOVED FROM THE PREMISES.
- No additions to the building. No fixtures/fitments of any kind shall be driven into any part of the Building nor shall any placard or other articles be fixed hereto.
- Property of the Hirer and the Hirer’s agent must be removed from the Building within 15 minutes after the expiration of the hiring or fees will be charged for each hour or part thereof until the same is removed. LMVH accepts no responsibility for any property left on the premises after the hiring. In the case of bazaars, jumble sales and any other occasion when property is brought into the premises for sale, all property remaining unsold at the termination of the hiring will be considered the property of the Hirer for the purpose of the condition.
- Signage. The Hirer shall remove any sign, flag, emblem or other decoration displayed by the hirer outside or inside the Building if in the opinion of LMVH or Committee Member it shall be unseemly or expose the Building to an undue risk of fire or in the opinion of LMVH or its agent is likely to lead to disturbance or a breach of the peace.
- Fire Exits. No exits may be blocked; chairs or other obstructions must not be placed in corridors or fire appliances removed or tampered with. A Fire Evacuation Plan is displayed in the hall. Please read this carefully.
- Lighting. No additional lights or extension from the existing electric light fittings shall be used without the previous consent of LMVH.
- Stage shows. Any show involving the use of scenery or the like on stage is subject to the inspection and approval 14 days prior to the engagement by the local Authority and , if appropriate, Fire Brigade. Evidence of such approval must be provided to LMVH.
- Capacities. The Maximum number of persons allowed in the Building at any one time is 300, with a maximum of 300 standing/dancing or 120 seated at tables.
- Smoking. Smoking is NOT permitted in any part of the building at any time. This includes the use of E cigarettes, smoke machines and candles.
- If there is anyone attending the function who needs portable oxygen the committee must be informed before the event.
Signature ………………………………… Date ………………………
The Pine Lodge (LMVH) uses personal data for the purposes of managing the hall, its bookings and finances, running and marketing events at the hall, staff employment and fundraising activities.
Your privacy is important therefore we ensure that your data is stored on a password protected computer system and is only used for the booking purpose. We shall never share your data with any secondary parties. If you do not opt in to receive communications of future Pine Lodge events, then your details will be destroyed from our records at the end of the financial year after your booking takes place.
Keeping in touch
The Pine Lodge (LMVH) uses personal data for the purposes of managing hall bookings, events, and publicity. New data protection laws mean we need your permission to stay in touch, even if you are a long-term hirer or you have given us permission before. If you chose to hear from us we may send you information on events held at the village hall. If you do not opt in then you will no longer receive communications after 25th May 2018.
Yes please I'm happy to hear from you
Signature ………………………………… Date ………………………
Email address …………………………………………