Club Code of Conduct
Wellington Bowling Club Code of conduct
Code of conduct for adult members
WELLINGTON BOWLING CLUB is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of all its members, ensuring a positive and enjoyable experience for all. The club believes that it is important that members, coaches and administrators associated with the club should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others. Therefore, members are encouraged to be open at all times and to share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the club with the Executive Committee.
As a member of WELLINGTON BOWLING CLUB, you are expected to abide by the following code of practice –
- All members must take responsibility in ensuring they are up to date with the rules and constitution of the Club, understand and adhere to them.
- All members must respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of age, gender, ability, race, cultural background, religious beliefs or sexual identity.
- Members should recognise the valuable contribution made by coaches and club officials who are volunteers. They give their time and resources to provide bowls for you.
- Members should remember that the club has no paid staff, apart from a few hours cleaning, and that all members should play their part in helping to run the club.
- All members must respect officials and publicly accept their decisions.
- All members should be a positive role model, treat other players and officials with the same level of respect you would expect to be shown to you.
- When representing the club in league or friendly matches players should be appropriately dressed. Club shirt and white or grey (depending on which league) trousers/skirt. Appropriately coloured shorts are allowed providing they are knee length tailored shorts or Bowls England sports shorts.
- Members are not allowed to smoke on the green or in the Clubhouse. Alcohol may be consumed in the Clubhouse if it is purchased at the bar.
- Members are not permitted to use illegal drugs on club premises or whilst representing the club.
- Members should keep to agreed timings for matches and competitions or inform their opponent or team captain if they are going to be late. Generally, you should arrive 30 minutes before the advertised start time.
- Members must wear regulation shoes and clothing for practice and roll-up sessions, as determined by the Club Committee.
- Members must pay any fees for membership or matches promptly.
- Aggressive behaviour or inappropriate language of any sort will not be tolerated. Encourage everyone to enjoy sport and understand that people have different motivations for taking part.