Cookies

We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

Recruitment

Wells Community Shed is re-starting the Recruitment Process in advance of re-opening possibly in June 2021. There is Membership application form in Word at the bottom of this page so please download it and fill it in and either Email it to Martin Curran at wellscommunityshed22@gmail.com or post it to 22 Upper Breach, South Horrington, Wells, Somerset, BA5 3QG. If you are unable to use Word please contact me and I will post the form to you.

A few people have been put off by the process below for joining but please do not be.  Wells community Shed (WCS) go further on the recruitment process than most Men's Sheds as we are in the grounds of Heads Up, the Mental Health and Well Being Charity, and must respect their staff and visitors and abide by the areas we are restricted to.  Outside of Members working on Projects, I am also looking to recruit anyone who may not wish to work on Projects but is retired and has Management, Supervisory, Administration or Financial experience to become involved in the running of Wells Community Shed. Tasks on these aspects will be increasing as WCS expands with more members and sessions per week so if you are one of these people you can state your interest and experience in the Application form.

The process for any potential new member is once the Membership Application Form is returned and the Shed re-opens, I will arrange for an induction meeting at which I will ask more questions based on the information on the form and why you wish to join the Shed plus I will do a skills assessment with ratings of Low, Medium and High (Low is not a disadvantage as everyone learns something new). Medical details are on the form but these are confidential and not held on any computer and the purpose is to provide Paramedics with instant information in the event of a serious accident or medical problem. Wanting to be a First Aider is an advantage and we will pay for the course whilst reclaiming it pro rata if the new member left early.

I will then show you the Shed and explain Fire drills, code of conduct and Health and Safety. Following this Interview a small committee will assess the Information on the application form plus notes taken at the Induction and give a decision on acceptance or not. However if anyone has any special medical needs requiring a carer in attendance we could not accommodate these but if someone has a wheelchair and is independent we could accommodate this but please let me know as I would make more space around a specific bench.

You can send me a message from the Contacts Page on any subject including any views on our Website, good bad or suggestions.

Once we open up again we will have to split sessions into 2 sessions of 5 people maximum in each due Social Distancing and existing Members take priority as before.

Once Inductions start taking place, successful new members will be put on a reserve list whereby if an existing member cannot attend their allotted day, I will call in a new member just to get some experience of the Shed but this will not be regular at this point but will be rotated.  At some point in the future we hope to return to 10 members in each session plus have more sessions per week, Government and Coronavirus situation permitting.

The above arrangement is only temporary but I do not know how long it will go on for.

If you have any further questions please let me know.

Thank you for your interest in us.

Martin

Martin Curran

Chairman Wells Community Shed

Mobile:   07598 132193

Email:   wellscommunityshed22@gmail.com

22 Upper Breach

South Horrington Village

Wells

Somerset

BA5 3QG

Recruitment at WCS

Click on the Word file and at the bottom of the Page the Word file will appear with a ^ symbol, click for 'Show in folder' to download

WCS Membership Form Version 5-0.docx File Uploaded: 18 May 2021 84.6 KB