Ok, I understand
Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.
Skip to main content

Westgate-on-Sea Town Council

Hannah Scott

About Image Contact

Hannah Scott is one of the 10 elected Town Councillors on the Council in Westgate-on-Sea.

Hannah was elected to the Town Council on the 7th May 2015 and currently sits on 1 Committee - 

Planning, Highways and Environment

HScott@westgateonsea.gov.uk

I was first interested in becoming a Westgate on sea Town Councillor when I read about the proposed 1000 houses for the area. As I am a soil scientist and know the value of our local soils and so was very upset by the housing allocation on the grade 1 soil in our area. We do need some housing, however, the council should use brown field sites first and keep our soil for growing food and for food security in the long term. 1000 houses are also too many for our small town with regards to services. I run the Westgate Development Concerns Facebook page and have organised the door to door effort to help people with writing letters to TDC during the local plan consultation. I also organised the demonstration walk against building houses on agricultural land with the motto 'Fields for food, not for houses'.
I love our beaches and coastline and I have volunteered for the Thanet Coastal Project and was a Coastal Warden for a few years. I am also a keen photographer of our landscapes and sunsets, and in the past have created calendars, cards and artwork which I sold at local galleries and fairs.