Weston super Food Festival
Weston super Food Festival is run on a not for profit basis and is a registered social enterprise (CLG).
The board of directors have over 25 years’ experience between them of community engagement, education and creating, and managing successful festivals.
We are passionate about promoting, eating and growing real food, food sustainability, provenance, seasonality and food education and supporting our local community
Prior to establishing the Weston Super Food Festival our successes include founding the Organic Food Festival in Bristol which was later adopted by the Soil Association as their flagship event, becoming the largest and most successful festival of its kind in Europe. We have been responsible for the creation and management of many other major food festivals in Bristol, Glasgow, Devon and the Midlands, and in addition to creating our own events have worked in partnership with many leading charities including the National Trust and the Royal Horticultural Society and provided consultancy services to many leading festivals and local authorities.
Our Aims are :
To develop a major annual festival linked to an ongoing programme of food projects that will:
- Encourage, nurture and support Weston super Mare’s developing food culture
- Provide a market-place for local artisan producers and encourage ‘shop local’ initiatives
- Establish productive links between local producers, cafes, restaurants and trade buyers
- Support specialist artisan and organics producers from further afield whose business would not be sustainable if they were unable to trade beyond their immediate locality.
- Encourage and support local healthy eating initiatives
- Support tourism by highlighting Weston super Mare as an attractive and significant Foodie destination
- Encourage cohesion and a sense of community through involvement in a range of food activities and projects with a wide range of age groups, social groups and ethnicities.
- Offer training in event planning and management, and work experience to young people.