Weston Turville Parish Council
Consultation and Engagement
It is important that the views of residents, business owners and land owners in Weston Turville are listened to in the Neighbourhood Plan process and a number of events were therefore planned to hear the thoughts and concerns of residents.
A copy of the Consultation Statement detailing how the Steering Group consulted with residents and business owners can be viewed here - https://www.aylesburyvaledc.gov.uk/sites/default/files/Neighbourhood_plan/WestonTurville/Weston%20Turville%20Neighbourhood%20Plan%20-%20Consultation%20Statement.pdf
1. Initial consultation events:
A leaflet and letter was sent to all households in the parish inviting them to attend one of the launch events and advising of the intention to consult with various community groups in the parish. Also advertised on noticeboards, Mix 96, Bucks Herald column and online:
Date Event / Group Venue
21st April 2016 Launch Event Weston Turville Village Hall
23rd April 2016 Launch Event PACE Centre, Wendover Rd
17th May 2016 Lunch Club (for older people) Chandos PH
17th May 2016 Youth event (Youth Café) Weston Turville Village Hall
19th May 2016 “Souper Loo” Lunch St Marys Church
18th June 2016 Village Fete Weston Turville Village Hall and Recreation Ground
2. Questionnaire delivered to every household in the parish in October 2017 – the responses to this helped form the objectives of the plan.
3. Feedback event on the results of the questionnaire held on 27th November 2017 – advertised on noticeboards, Bucks Herald column and online
4. Consultation on the draft plan - The six week pre-submission consultation began on 8th September 2017. It was advertised on parish noticeboards, the Parish Council website, Aylesbury Vale District Council website. An event to launch the consultation was held on 10th September, this was advertised in the parish magazine, local papers, on social media and the local radio station website. The event was well attended and gave residents an opportunity to ask questions and find out more about the plan.
5. Further six week consultation on the final version of the plan which started on 30th January and ended on 14th March 2018 – this consultation was managed by AVDC but was also advertised on the parish council website and in the Bucks Herald.
After this final consultation, the plan and consultation responses were sent to the planning inspectorate for examination who approved the plan to go to referendum.
Questionnaire Results and Feedback Event:
Thank you to all those who attended the feedback event on Sunday 27th November and gave us their thoughts and comments.
Below you can download information that was available on the day:
The questionnaire was distributed throughout the parish in October 2016, a copy can be viewed below: