Neighbourhood Plan 2023
Following the adoption by Hart District Council of its Local Plan in 2020 it was agreed that Winchfield's Neighbourhood Plan should be reviewed and updated for the period 2022 – 2037. Our updated Neighbourhood Plan has been produced by local volunteers, with the support of and on behalf of the Parish Council, setting out the vision, objectives and policies by which the Parish will manage future sustainable development.
Our thanks to everyone who responded to the Pre-Submission Consultation (Regulation 14 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012) on the Winchfield Neighbourhood Plan which ended on 12th December 2022.
Submission to HDC
Here are the documents submitted by Winchfield Parish Council to Hart District Council as specified under Regulation 15:
HDC Consultation and Examination
The Regulation 16 consultation ran from Friday 12 May to 4pm Friday 23 June 2023.
Hart District Council appointed Mr. Ashcroft, an independent Examiner, to undertake the examination.
- Winchfield Neighbourhood Development Plan Review Examination Arrangements
- Winchfield Parish Council response to Regulation 16 representations
- Summary of Regulation 16 representations received
- Examiner's Clarification Note
- Winchfield Parish Council response to the Examiners Clarification Note
- Lightwood Strategic Comments on Examiner's Clarification Note
- 001 - TFL
- 002 - Hampshire Chamber of Commerce
- 003 - Louise Wright
- 004 - Brian Whyatt
- 005 - National Highways
- 006 - Alison Abley
- 007 - Sport England
- 008 - Coal Authority
- 009 - Gary Comerford
- 010 - Dave Ramm
- 011 - Trustees of Fisk Family Trust
- 012 - Paul Jackaman
- 013 - Crookham Village Parish Council
- 014 - Thames Water
- 015 - National Gas Transmission
- 016 - Sarah Cramer
- 016 - Sarah Cramer [supplementary document]
- 017 - Defence Infrastructure Organisation
- 018 - Hart District Council
- 019 - Pearson Strategic Ltd
- 020 - North East Hants Ramblers
- 021 - Michael Odell
- 022 - Network Rail
- 023 - Public Health
- 024 - Kim Hull
- 025 - Natural England
Submitted plan and supporting documents
The Submitted Neighbourhood Plan and supporting documents can be found below:
- Winchfield Neighbourhood Plan 2022 – 2037
- Winchfield Neighbourhood Plan 2022 – 2037 (accessible version)
- Map of the Plan Area
- Evidence Base
- Appendix 1 Landscape Character Assessment
- Appendix 2 Winchfield Key Views
- Winchfield Neighbourhood Plan Consultation Statement
- Winchfield Neighbourhood Plan Basic Conditions Statement
- Strategic Environmental Assessment and Habitat Regulation Assessment Screening Opinion
- Screening Determination for Strategic Environmental Assessment
Why was an examination and referendum needed?
Statement of significance of modifications - explains why the changes over the current neighbourhood plan made in 2017 are substantial enough that an examination and referendum are required.
Neighbourhood Plan Examiner's Report and Decision to proceed to Referendum
The Examiner's Report was received on 7 September 2023.
All modifications proposed by the Examiner, after consideration of all the received representations, were accepted. The Examiner stated in his report that Winchfield’s new Plan was: “in the round a first-class example of a review of a neighbourhood plan both in terms of its format and content”.
The Plan was further updated and amended to reflect those changes and create the Referendum Version of the Plan which will be available to view online and in hard copy from 16th October. Details will be on this website or on https://www.hart.gov.uk/winchfield-neighbourhood-plan
Hart District Council decided at its Cabinet meeting on 5 October 2023 to accept the recommended modifications to the Neighbourhood Plan and to proceed to Referendum.
Please view the Decision Statement for further information.
The Referendum will be held on 23 November 2023 and further details will be published in due course.
If successful, the revised Winchfield Neighbourhood Plan will be ‘made’ (brought into legal force) and will form part of the Hart Development Plan and be used in the determination of planning applications relating to land in Winchfield Parish.
Thank you for your interest in and involvement with our Neighbourhood Plan.