Witney Lions Club
Message in a Bottle
Message in a bottle is a simple idea which allows emergency information to be kept in a small plastic bottle which is easily and quickly found by the Emergency Services in an emergency.
The scheme was introduced in 2002 in Oxfordshire on a countywide basis, and well over 70,000 bottles have been issued since. The idea was then picked up by Lions clubs nationally.
The process is simple:
- Collect you bottle from your GP, Chemist or request directly from a Lions club
- Complete the form with the details requested
- Add a copy of your latest repeat prescription
- If you have a DNACPR form, place the tear off slip in the bottle*
- Place one of the sticky labels on the INSIDE of the main door to you premises
- Place the other sticky label on the door of your fridge
* DNCPR - Do Not attempt Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation - a process agreed between you, your family and your doctor where CPR is not appropriate - essential guidance for the Ambulance Service to ensure your wishes are followed.
Message in a Bottle is free to the user and is funded by Lions clubs, where organisations become heavy users of the Bottles ie: NHS, or age related charities then a donation is sought.