Worcestershire Farmers Markets
If you are interested in becoming a trader at Worcestershire Farmers Markets there are a number of steps involved in the application process. Please read the steps below;
What is required & how to apply:
- Read the WFMG Rules & Constitution (& further explanation if required - FARMA website: http://www.farma.org.uk)
- Register with Trading Standards and the Environmental Health Office (craft producers register with Trading Standards). Register with Inland Revenue (& Customs & Exise - where applicable)
- Insurance: Public liability insurance is compulsory for all market traders/producers. Product and employee insurance may also be required.
- For some food products a Basic Food Hygiene qualification is required. Environmental Health and Trading Standards can advise with this.
Applying to WFMG:
- Ring the WFMG Secretary, Maureen Marklew: 07795 656148, or WFMG co-ordinator, Henry: 07795 656149, to discuss. Following this initial interview, if acceptable, you will be asked for your business name, address and telephone contact numbers.
- Next, an application pack will be sent to you by post. This includes a leaflet on the WFMG rules, constitution and an application form with verification sheet. You will be required to pay a joining fee for £30 (£25 for craft producers).
- Your application will be taken to the committee and, on acceptance by the committee, you will be permitted to apply to WFMG markets.
- If problems are apparent with your application we will endeavour to solve or advise on the appropriate course of action.