Hi there and welcome to YOU, a smart choice when you or someone you know may be vulnerable in some way. YOU provides flexible care, support and advice services centred around your needs. We’re passionate about the rights of vulnerable people and making sure you have the life you want. Our clients tell us we ‘give them the help they need to realise their dreams of independence, security, stability, happiness and freedom’.
How we work
“We all want a decent life, to feel safe, secure, valued and included. Yet, in sectors of our community, there are thousands of individuals who, for one reason or another, do not have good quality of life. Each year, we give thousands of people the resources, tools and individual care they need to realise their dreams of security and greater stability.
“Our team is professional, experienced and works within a context of sound risk managementand compliance with regulation. We really put people at the centre of what we do. We know that our staff are our most important asset and that the people we provide the services for are at the heart of what we believe in.”
Sally Hutfield, Director of Care, Support and Advice
Our Board of Trustees has also identified six key strategic aims which guide our work. We aim to:
1. Our services will always be built around the individual, will be able to demonstrate innovative solutions for the lives people want and will be excellent as evidenced in independent audits.
2. The measurement of the impact of the outcomes of our services on society and the economy will demonstrate the important value of our work and research will place us at the forefront of national social policy initiatives.
3. Those who use our services drive what we do and how we do it and we give them a voice to speak at a national level on issues that affect them.
4. We nurture, manage and develop our workforce to provide high quality cutting edge services, recognising and celebrating our achievements and being an Employer of Choice.
5. Our values and culture is a recognised role model for organisations and businesses throughout the country.
6. YOU is recognised as a trustworthy, environmentally responsible, can-do, national brand with services across the country, on line and in the virtual world. Our cash surpluses are invested in assets to support our service users and our investors are proud to be associated with our work.