How to change DNS settings in Dream Host
The following guide is intended for website owners whose domains are hosted by Dream Host
If you’d like to make it even easier for visitors to find your HugoFox page you can connect it to your own domain name. Below is a simple, step by step, guide to configuring your domain name so it links to your new HugoFox website.
If you do not feel confident enough to make DNS changes yourself, please get in touch with us, and we'll happily assist you with any changes.
[For privacy reasons, certain parts of images in this guide have been blurred. This will not affect the updating of your settings in any way.]
1. To login into your account, go to: https://panel.dreamhost.com:
Enter your login details. If you cannot remember your password, click on the “Reset Password” link and follow the instructions to reset your password.
Once you are logged in you will see the following page:
2. Click on “Domains” on the left hand side of the page:
3. A drop down menu will appear. Select “Manage Domains”:
4. You will now see a list of the domains you own. Find the domain you want to edit, and then click on “DNS”:
You will be taken to the following page:
5. Scroll down to the section that begins “Add a Custom DNS Record”:
6. In the box labelled “Name” type “www”
7. Click the box next to “Type” and select “CNAME”
8. In the box labelled “Value” enter “cname-customsite.hugofox.com”
9. Click the blue box that says “Add Record Now!” to complete the process
Now the next part...
Once you have made the changes, simply get in touch with us, and we’ll make the necessary changes at our end to finalise the transfer of your domain name!
Please keep in mind that the changes you have just made will take anything between 24 and 72 hours to be fully configured, so don’t be worried if you cannot see your website yet.
We have tried to make this guide as simple as possible. However, if you have any questions about this process, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us, and we’ll do our best to help you with your queries.
DEACTIVATING YOUR PREVIOUS DREAMHOST HOSTING
To deactivate your Dreamhost Hosting, use the following instructions...
1. Login to your Dreamhost account as normal.
2. In the search bar at the top right of the page, type “close account”.
3. Click the link that appears below that box.
4. Follow the simple instructions that appear, and click "Continue to Account Finalisation"
5. Confirm your account finalisation details, and click "Continue to Cancellation"