How to change DNS settings in GoDaddy.com
The following guide is intended for website owners whose domains are hosted by GoDaddy.com
If you’d like to make it even easier for visitors to find your HugoFox page you can connect it to your own domain name. Below is a simple, step by step, guide to configuring your domain name so it links to your new HugoFox website.
If you do not feel confident enough to make DNS changes yourself, please get in touch with us, and we'll happily assist you with any changes.
[For privacy reasons, certain parts of images in this guide have been blurred. This will not affect the updating of your settings in any way.]
1. Log into your account by clicking on “Sign In” at the top of the page:
2. A bar will appear at the top of the page. From this bar, click on "Sign In":
3. Enter your login details in the box that appears on screen. If you cannot remember your login details, click on the “Forgot your password?” link below the login box to reset your password:
4. Once logged in, you will be on the "My Products" which will list all the domain names you own:
5. Click on "Manage" next to the domain name you want to change:
6: Scroll down and click on "Manage DNS"
7. All the information about your domain name will now be shown on the page. Click on "Add Record":
8. In the "Type" drop-down menu, select "CNAME"
9. In the "Points to" box, type cname-customsite.hugofox.com
10. In the "Host" box, type www
11. Do not edit the "TTL" box.
12. Click on "Save" to save your settings
Now the next part…
Once you have made the changes, simply get in touch with us, and we’ll make the necessary changes at our end to finalise the transfer of your domain name!
Please keep in mind that the changes you have just made will take anything between 24 and 72 hours to be fully configured, so don’t be worried if you cannot see your website yet.
Once your domain name has gone live, we advise that you deactivate your existing website from your server if you have one. This will ensure that your new HugoFox site appears in search engines rather than your previous site.
We have tried to make this guide as simple as possible. However, if you have any questions about this process, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us, and we’ll do our best to help you with your queries.
DEACTIVATING YOUR PREVIOUS GODADDY HOSTING
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Go to the Payments tab.
- Click Product Billing.
- Use the check boxes to select the products you want to cancel, and then click Cancel Item.
- In the Cancel Selected Items window, do one of the following:
- click Confirm — The product is cancelled and removed from your account immediately.
- click Cancel — The cancellation is terminated and the product remains in your account.
PLEASE NOTE: It can take up to 24 hours for the domain name to be available for use again after you cancel your hosting account.
If you require any further assistance, please contact GoDaddy directly on 020 7084 0810 (24 hours a day)