How to change DNS settings in Heart Internet
The following guide is intended for website owners whose domains are hosted by easily.co.uk
If you’d like to make it even easier for visitors to find your HugoFox page you can connect it to your own domain name. Below is a simple, step by step, guide to configuring your domain name so it links to your new HugoFox website.
If you do not feel confident enough to make DNS changes yourself, please get in touch with us, and we'll happily assist you with any changes.
[For privacy reasons, certain parts of images in this guide have been blurred. This will not affect the updating of your settings in any way.]
1. To login into your account, click on the “Log In” button at the top of the page:
A pop up window will appear in the centre of the page, enter your login details and click the orange “login” box:
Once you are logged in you will see the following page:
2. Select the “Manage Domain Names” icon:
You will now be on the domain settings page:
3. You will see a heading called “Manage Domain Parking”, with a box labelled “Please select”. Click the box, select the domain name you want to edit and click on “Manage Now”:
You will then be taken to the “Manage Domain Parking” page:
4. Click on “DNS Management”:
5. You will now be on the DNS Management page. Scroll down to the section labelled “Create New A/AAA/CNAME records”:
6. In the box marked “Subdomain”, enter “www”
7. In the box marked “Address”, enter “cname-customsite.hugofox.com." [You must ensure that there is a full stop at the end of that address, otherwise these changes will not work]
8. Click “Update DNS” to save the changes
Now the next part...
Once you have made the changes, simply get in touch with us, and we’ll make the necessary changes at our end to finalise the transfer of your domain name!
Please keep in mind that the changes you have just made will take anything between 24 and 72 hours to be fully configured, so don’t be worried if you cannot see your website yet.
Once your domain name has gone live, we advise that you deactivate your existing website from your server if you have one. This will ensure that your new HugoFox site appears in search engines rather than your previous site. If you would like any assistance with this, please get in touch with us.
To deactivate your previous hosting and keep your domain name, you will need to phone Heart Internet directly on 0330 660 0255.
We have tried to make this guide as simple as possible. However, if you have any questions about this process, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us, and we’ll do our best to help you with your queries.