How to change DNS settings in hover.com
[The following guide is intended for website owners whose domains are hosted by hover.com]
If you’d like to make it even easier for visitors to find your HugoFox page you can connect it to your own domain name. Below is a simple, step by step, guide to configuring your domain name so it links to your new HugoFox website.
If you do not feel confident enough to make DNS changes yourself, please get in touch with us, and we'll happily assist you with any changes.
[For privacy reasons, certain parts of images in this guide have been blurred. This will not affect the updating of your settings in any way.]
1. Log into your Hover account online by visiting www.hover.com/login
2. If you have more than one domain name listed in your account, click on the domain name that you want to use with customized DNS records. This will take you to its Domain Details page.
3. Click on the DNS tab to manage records for the selected domain name.
4. Click on the Add New button.
5. Select the Record Type CNAME from the drop down menu. In the box marked “Hostname, type in “www” and in the box marked “Target Host” enter “cname-customsite.hugofox.com” Then press “Save” to save your changes.
Now the next part...
Once you have made the changes, simply get in touch with us, and we’ll make the necessary changes at our end to finalise the transfer of your domain name!
Please keep in mind that the changes you have just made will take anything between 24 and 72 hours to be fully configured, so don’t be worried if you cannot see your website yet.
Once your domain name has gone live, we advise that you deactivate your existing website from your server if you have one. This will ensure that your new HugoFox site appears in search engines rather than your previous site. If you would like any assistance with this, please get in touch with us.
To deactivate your previous hosting account, visit the Hover support site at http://help.hover.com/. You will need to enter your account details (username and password). Once you are logged in, simply fill in the online form and someone at Hover will assist you with this.
We have tried to make this guide as simple as possible. However, if you have any questions about this process, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us, and we’ll do our best to help you with your queries.