How to change DNS settings in namecheap.com
The following guide is intended for website owners whose domains are hosted by namecheap.com
If you’d like to make it even easier for visitors to find your HugoFox page you can connect it to your own domain name. Below is a simple, step by step, guide to configuring your domain name so it links to your new HugoFox website.
If you do not feel confident enough to make DNS changes yourself, please get in touch with us, and we'll happily assist you with any changes.
[For privacy reasons, certain parts of images in this guide have been blurred. This will not affect the updating of your settings in any way.]
1. Log in to your NameCheap account.
2. Click the Account drop-down menu and select "Dashboard".
3. Click "Domain List" and click the "Manage" button for the domain you wish to set up.
4. Click "Advanced DNS"
5. Find the Host Records section and click "Add New Record"
6. Select "CNAME Record" from the "Type" drop-down menu, and enter www as the host. In the "Value" box, type cname-customsite.hugofox.com
7. Click "Save all Changes" and you're done!
Now the next part...
Once you have made the changes, simply get in touch with us, and we’ll make the necessary changes at our end to finalise the transfer of your domain name!
Please keep in mind that the changes you have just made will take anything between 24 and 72 hours to be fully configured, so don’t be worried if you cannot see your website yet.
Once your domain name has gone live, we advise that you deactivate your existing website from your server if you have one. This will ensure that your new HugoFox site appears in search engines rather than your previous site. If you would like any assistance with this, please get in touch with us.
We have tried to make this guide as simple as possible. However, if you have any questions about this process, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us, and we’ll do our best to help you with your queries.