How to change DNS settings in one.com
[The following guide is intended for website owners whose domains are hosted by one.com]
If you’d like to make it even easier for visitors to find your HugoFox page you can connect it to your own domain name. Below is a simple, step by step, guide to configuring your domain name so it links to your new HugoFox website.
If you do not feel confident enough to make DNS changes yourself, please get in touch with us, and we'll happily assist you with any changes.
[For privacy reasons, certain parts of images in this guide have been blurred. This will not affect the updating of your settings in any way.]
1. Login to your control panel by clicking on the login button at the top of the page.
2. Enter your login details in the boxes on-screen, then click the login button. If you have forgotten your login details, click on "Forgot your Password" and a new one will be sent to you.
3. You should now be in your account area, which looks like this:
4. Scroll down and click on "DNS"
5. You will now be in the DNS area, where you can edit your DNS domain settings.
6. Click on "Hostname" and type in "www"
7. In the drop-down menu below the header labelled "Type" select "CNAME".
8. In the box labelled "Value" type "cname-customsite.hugofox.com
9. Click the + symbol to confirm you wish to make the changes, which will then be saved.
Now the next part...
Once you have made the changes, simply get in touch with us, and we’ll make the necessary changes at our end to finalise the transfer of your domain name!
Please keep in mind that the changes you have just made will take anything between 24 and 72 hours to be fully configured, so don’t be worried if you cannot see your website yet.
Once your domain name has gone live, we advise that you deactivate your existing website from your server if you have one. This will ensure that your new HugoFox site appears in search engines rather than your previous site. If you would like any assistance with this, please get in touch with us.
We have tried to make this guide as simple as possible. However, if you have any questions about this process, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us, and we’ll do our best to help you with your queries.