How to change DNS settings in UKREG.COM
The following guide is intended for website owners whose domains are hosted by ukreg.com. UKreg is owned by Fasthosts, so the process is exactly the same here as it is for Fasthosts.
If you’d like to make it even easier for visitors to find your HugoFox page you can connect it to your own domain name. Below is a simple, step by step, guide to configuring your domain name so it links to your new HugoFox website.
If you do not feel confident enough to make DNS changes yourself, please get in touch with us, and we'll happily assist you with any changes.
You will need to be logged into to your account on the ukreg.com website to make these changes. If you can’t remember your login details, there’s a link on the login page that will allow you to reset your password quickly and easily.
[For privacy reasons, certain parts of images in this guide have been blurred. This will not affect the updating of your settings in any way.]
1. Log into your Fasthosts account by clicking on the blue "login" button at the top of the page.
2. This will bring up the screen seen below. To login to your account, click on "Control Panel Login"
3. At the login screen, enter your details and click "Login". If you have forgotten your password, click "Forgot Your Password" to have a new one emailed to you.
4. Once you are logged in, click on "Domain". From the drop-down menu that appears, click on "Manage Domain"
4. You will now see a list of all the domain names on your account. These will be listed in alphabetical order to make searching for the domain name you want to change easier.
5. Click on the "DNS" icon to the right of the domain name you wish to change:
6. You will now be on the settings page for your domain. From this page, select "Advanced DNS":
7. You will now be on the "Advanced DNS" screen. From here, you need to click on "Add CNAME Record":
8. The "Add CNAME Record" screen will now appear.
9. In the box labelled "Host Name" enter www
10. In the box labelled "Points To" enter cname-customsite.hugofox.com
11. After you have entered this informmation, click the blue "Save" button to confirm your changes.
Now the next part...
Once you have made the changes, simply get in touch with us, and we’ll make the necessary changes at our end to finalise the transfer of your domain name!
Please keep in mind that the changes you have just made will take anything between 24 and 72 hours to be fully configured, so don’t be worried if you cannot see your website yet.
Once your domain name has gone live, we advise that you deactivate your existing website from your server if you have one. This will ensure that your new HugoFox site appears in search engines rather than your previous site. If you would like any assistance with this, please get in touch with us.
We have tried to make this guide as simple as possible. However, if you have any questions about this process, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us, and we’ll do our best to help you with your queries.