Bowls Club Closure for 2020 season due to Coronavirus
Holland-on-sea Bowls Club
Please take note of the below notice from the General committee.
A Bowls Committee Meeting was held this morning and the important issue of opening the club was discussed at length. Committee Members were aware of the various items information issued during the last three months by Bowls England and The E.B.A. regarding the Coronavirus pandemic.
A range of considerations were raised, including;
- club members being predominantly in the ‘vulnerable age group’,
- all surfaces within the club premises and all equipment needed sterilization daily and who would do this?
- social distancing on the green would have to be policed at all times the club was open and, again, who would do this?
- despite a ‘poster’ being issued by Bowls England regarding ‘rules’ for play, issues such as picking up other players’ woods from the ditch were not covered.
- The club might become liable to legal action if a member or members were to contract the virus and relatives decided to pursue the wisdom of their being allowed to play.
In conclusion, and against a background of there being no likelihood of a Coronavirus vaccine being available, a vote was taken as to whether the club should be opened this season. Ten voting Committee Members were present. Eight voted to keep the club closed for the remainder of this season and two voted to open the club for limited play. The Club will therefore remain closed.
Regarding Subscriptions and competition fees already submitted, cheques will be shredded and cash returned.
Signed for and on behalf of The General Committee.
Find Holland-on-sea Bowls Club
Madeira Road, Holland-On-Sea, Clacton-On-Sea, Essex, CO15 5NF