CLERK/RESPONSIBLE FINANCIAL OFFICER VACANCY
Great Milton Parish Council
Find out more about this community in:
CLERK/RESPONSIBLE FINANCIAL OFFICER
GREAT MILTON PARISH COUNCIL
Hours: 10.5 per week
Salary: NJC Scale LC1, scale points 7 to 17 (£10.60 to £12.92 per hour), depending upon experience, CiLCA qualification and transferable skills.
The Clerk provides administrative and clerical support to the Council and, as the Responsible Finance Officer, is required to manage the Council’s finances.
• Managing parish council meetings, including agenda preparation, taking and distributing minutes and ensuring that outcomes are actioned.
• Managing the Parish Council’s finances, including preparation of accounts and reconciliations, payroll and PAYE, payment of invoices, banking, end-of-year accounts, submission of accounts for external audit, VAT reclaim, preparing the annual budget and requesting the precept.
• Ensuring that planning applications are considered and responses submitted in a timely fashion to the District Council
• Dealing with correspondence and enquiries
• Liaison with contractors and other service providers
• Arranging the maintenance of trees and other village assets routinely and as required
• Liaison with village representatives, including the allotment coordinator, Rec Committee, PCC and Neighbourhood Watch group
• Receiving, collating and sending copy and advertisements to the editor of the Great Milton Bulletin and invoicing for and managing advertising.
• Updating the village website with meeting agendas and minutes, news and required financial and governance-related information.
• Other duties as and when required.
You will be required to attend the monthly parish council meeting, which usually takes place on the third Monday of each month. You must have some administrative experience and be able to maintain accurate financial records. Candidates must possess a high standard of oral and written communication skills, be computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software (particularly Word and Excel), be capable of working independently and using their initiative, and be able to
deal with a range of issues. Previous experience in local government at any level will be helpful but is by no means essential.
For further information and an application form, please e-mail:
email@example.com or call
Chris Ashworth, current GMPC Clerk/RFO, on 07450 238 474
Chris Ashworth Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer
Find Great Milton Parish Council
Chris Ashworth, 1 College Field, Great Milton, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX44 9HL