Local Parish Monthly Newsletter from Kent Police
Horton Kirby & South Darenth Parish Council
Hi local parishes,
Firstly (and primarily) the big issue for the last month – COVID 19.
Current rules include:
You must not leave or be outside of your home except where necessary. You may leave the home to:
- shop for basic necessities, for you or a vulnerable person
- go to work, or provide voluntary or charitable services, if you cannot reasonably do so from home
- exercise with your household (or support bubble) or one other person, this should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area.
- meet your support bubble or childcare bubble where necessary, but only if you are legally permitted to form one
- seek medical assistance or avoid injury, illness or risk of harm (including domestic abuse)
- schools only remain open to vulnerable and key worker children
The full list of rules can be found https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- From March the 08th we will see schools reopen as well as colleges
- Wraparound childcare and other supervised children’s activities can resume where they enable parents to work, seek work, attend education, seek medical care or attend a support group
- Care home residents will be allowed one regular visitor provided they are tested and wear PPE
- The Stay at Home requirement will remain, but people can leave home for recreation outdoors such as a coffee or picnic with their household or support bubble, or with one person outside their household
- Some university students on practical courses will be able to return to face to face learning
FARNINGHAM, HORTON KIRBY, SOUTH DARENTH
2 reports of wheels being stolen from vehicles were reported in South Darenth, House to house and CCTV enquiries were carried out aswell as CSI attending.
Groups on adults and youths were given words of advice around breaching covid guidelines at Heathside and Esparto way, the groups consisted of between 5 and 10 adults and young people, the groups left after being spoken to. These areas are patrolled many times a day between 0700-2300 hours.
We have put on intelligence reports on regarding possible drug dealing/use of an address in Farningham. Any intelligence that we gather through members of public is taken seriously and a report will always be put on.
A warning to residents living within the South Darenth area, to be mindful of your vehicles as recently there has been a sudden rise in vehicle crime (both being Theft from a vehicle and Theft of a vehicle). Some advice would be to make sure that no tools or valuable items are left within the vehicle overnight and to try and park vehicles as close to your property as possible. When carrying out enquiries, Ring doorbells and CCTV has been hugely beneficial to us in the past with carrying out further enquiries.
Local officers Lauren BRUCE and Arran OSTRIDGE
- 01322 865193
Find Horton Kirby & South Darenth Parish Council
The Village Hall, Horton Road, South Darenth, Dartford, Kent, DA4 9AX
If using SatNav to find the address please use the postcode DA4 9AZ