Cookies

We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

FAQs

MEMBERSHIP FAQs 2022

Why do I need to be a member?

Anyone who enters the pool grounds needs to be a member for insurance purposes. Even if you’re not getting in the pool. Or if you are a volunteer. The cost is £3 for the season to be a member.

Who can be a member?

The pool is open to anyone who lives within the Overton, Laverstoke & Freefolk Parish. And if you live out of this catchment area but your child goes to a nursery or school within the Parish, you are very welcome to become a member too. 

Why do I need to be approved?

We just need to check that we have all the information we need. We also need to make sure that applications are made from within the Overton and Laverstoke Parish. If you live out of catchment but your child goes to school or nursery within the parish, you may still apply to be a member. Just make a note of which setting they attend on the form.

Can I register my membership at the pool as we have done in the past?

We are unable to process membership at the pool desk as we have done in the past so you will need to submit your membership request in advance and wait for approval before attending a swim session. 

What do I get for a season ticket?

You get unlimited swimming all season! To pay as you go it costs £3.50 per swim for anyone under 16 years old and £5 for anyone over 16. So, you’d only need to swim more than about 8-10 times to break even. Even if you don’t think you’ll swim that much, the pool is such a fantastic asset to the Overton community, and it’s a charity with the aim of making swimming accessible to all, that your membership payment is contributing to an excellent cause.  

What if I buy a season ticket and then find I don’t use the pool as much as I’d thought. Can I get a refund? 

I’m afraid we are unable to refund season tickets.

I want to contribute a donation to the pool. How do I do that?

That’s really kind of you! If you wish to make a financial donation to Lordsfield Swimming Club, please do so via this link  or if you are a member, you can make a donation from your MemberMojo account by selecting a donation amount on the membership form or from the store. Or email finance@overtonswim.org.uk and Nicky or Anne will be able to help.

What if I want to upgrade my membership to a season ticket?

That’s easily done. Log on to your account and go to the store. Here you can select the season ticket relevant to you and pay for it online.

I need to change some of the details on my account, how do I do that?

You can edit your own profile by logging in to your MemberMojo account. We ask that you update any changes ASAP, especially relating to medical / health information or changes in contact numbers.

What if I decide I don’t want to be a member anymore?

That would be a shame! If you have signed up and paid, I’m afraid we wouldn’t offer a refund. 

What happens to my data?

Having an online database which is self-managed by you is a much better way to keep your data safe. The system retains your data for as long as you are a member, and for 12 months after your membership lapses.

What are the membership prices?

It costs £3 to become a member. Anyone who enters the pool grounds needs to be a member for insurance purposes. Even if you’re not getting in the pool. Or if you are a volunteer.

What are the season ticket prices?

We haven’t increased the prices for years but due to a significant increase in running costs, an extended season and to generate funds for the pool refurbishment next year, we are forced to put the prices up for 2022. An adult season ticket is £63. A Junior (age 8-16) season ticket is £35, and a child season ticket is £25. The £3 membership cost is included in this.

I don’t want to commit to a season ticket, what are my options?

No problem. You can pay as you go. You need to be a member first which is £3. Then you can pay £3.50 (Junior or Child) and £5 (Adult) for each swim you do. Payment can be taken in advance on your MemberMojo account from the store; via contactless at the pool; or with the exact cash at the pool.

What if I want to bring a visitor up to the pool to swim with me?

Visitors are very welcome. They will need to be accompanied by you as a member and pay £5 for a one-off visit. You can purchase this online at the store via your membership account, or you can pay by card on the desk.  They do not need to become a member for a one-off visit.

I look after my grandchild(ren)/ niece(s)/ nephew(s) during the Summer holidays but they don’t live in the parish, can they have a season ticket?

If you’re living in the parish and regularly look after child(ren) from outside the parish for childcare purposes, you can join as a member and buy the child(ren) a season ticket if you want,  rather than pay as you go. 

However, if relatives visit as a one-off without childcare arrangements, they would have to buy a visitor ticket for £5. You can purchase this online at the store via your membership account, or you can pay by card on the desk.

Either way, you (as the member) will need to accompany the children in your care and/or visitors.

I’m stuck filling out the membership form online – help!

We will do our best to help, email us at membership@overtonswim.org.uk