Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site (such as your name and contact details), subscribing to our services, posting materials (such as information relating to local Item items or items for sale) or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out on our site.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for systems administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our site.
Where we store your personal information
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
What we do with your information
We process your personal information for the following purposes:
- Toallow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so. For example, to enable you to post or respond to an advert for a local Item item or an item for sale.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information about services we offer or services or opportunities similar to those which you have already obtained information via the site (for example, Item items), where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal information we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties for their use in the following circumstances:
- if there is a corporate event, such as merger or acquisition, where your personal information may be disclosed to the prospective seller or buyer;
- where we are required by applicable law to disclose such information;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of HugoFox Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of crime prevention and fraud protection.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your information) if we intend to use your information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your information. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at team@HugoFox.com.
Our site (including any advertisements posted to the site) may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates, third parties or other users of our site. If you follow a link to any of these websites, you should be aware that these websites may have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. If you would like to obtain a copy of some or all of your personal information, please contact us at team@HugoFox.com. There may be a small charge for this access.
HugoFox Limited (Registered office: Evingar Road, Whitchurch, Hampshire, RG28 7EU and registered number: 03851491)
Last revised on: 9 February 2010Report Inappropriate Content