Visit our News and Events page for the latest information.
Abdon welcomes visitors for walking and cycling, but please make sure you park in the Village Hall car park and not on the verges or in the passing places. For hundreds of free walks to download and print plus details of all the walking clubs in the country and loads more information visit https://www.walkinginengland.co.uk/shropshire/
Abdon and Heath Parish consists of 7 settlements: Abdon, Balaams Heath, Baucott, Brookhampton, Heath, Holdgate and Tugford.
We are situated between the Brown Clee Hill and the Corvedale in South Shropshire.
Although we are sparsely populated, Abdon and Heath Parish is a very friendly community in which to live. There are many events and social activities taking place throughout the year, and we always make time to stop for a chat with neighbours and visitors.
Church services are held regularly at:
- St. Margaret's, Abdon
- Heath Chapel, Heath
- Holy Trinity, Holdgate
- St. Catherine, Tugford
Our local noticeboards are located at:
- Abdon – opposite the red telephone box, and near to St Margaret’s Church
- Balaam's Heath – on road side near junction to Beambridge
- Heath – on road side near junction to Peckledy
- Holdgate – next to telephone box
- Tugford – near to St Catherine’s Church
Our Village Hall is located in Abdon.
- Support Abdon Village Hall on Amazon Smile and Easy Fundraising:
- Shopping with Amazon? AmazonSmile will make a donation to Abdon Village Hall - If you purchase items through Amazon Smile they will donate 0.5% of the net purchase price (excluding VAT, returns and shipping fees) of eligible purchases to the charity. AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service. Support Abdon Village Hall by starting your shopping at https://smile.amazon.co.uk/ch/522472-0
- Shopping anywhere else? Use #easyfundraising to raise donations for Abdon Village Hall - When you sign up as a supporter, 4,400 shops and sites will donate for free, every time you shop online. This includes all the big names like eBay, John Lewis & Partners, Argos, ASOS, Expedia, M&S, Just Eat and many more!?https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/abdonvillagehall
The Corvedale News - our monthly community magazine full of useful information. If you would like to subscribe please contact Margaret Buckingham for your copy, Tel: 01746 712296, email: firstname.lastname@example.org The Annual cost is £7 for this year.
Abdon and Heath Parish Council:
You can hire a marquee from Abdon and Heath Parish Council - Marquee for hire.