Visit our News and Events page for CORONAVIRUS UPDATE and what is happening in our parish.
Abdon welcomes visitors for walking and cycling, but please make sure you park in the Village Hall car park and not on the verges or in the passing places. For hundreds of free walks to download and print plus details of all the walking clubs in the country and loads more information visit https://www.walkinginengland.co.uk/shropshire/
Abdon and Heath Parish consists of 7 settlements: Abdon, Balaams Heath, Baucott, Brookhampton, Heath, Holdgate and Tugford.
We are situated between the Brown Clee Hill and the Corvedale in South Shropshire.
- Ordnance Survey map 138 showing the settlements in Abdon and Heath Parish is attached below.
- Google map of Abdon and Heath
- Abdon and Heath weather forecast
Although we are sparsely populated, Abdon and Heath Parish is a very friendly community in which to live. There are many events and social activities taking place throughout the year, and we always make time to stop for a chat with neighbours and visitors.
Visit our News and Events page for more details.
Church services are held regularly at:
- St. Margaret's, Abdon
- Heath Chapel, Heath
- Holy Trinity, Holdgate
- St. Catherine, Tugford
Our Village Hall is located in Abdon.
Our local noticeboards are located at:
- Abdon – opposite the red telephone box
- Abdon – near to St Margaret’s Church
- Balaam's Heath – on road side near junction to Beambridge
- Heath – on road side near junction to Peckledy
- Holdgate – next to telephone box
- Tugford – near to St Catherine’s Church
Regular events - everyone welcome!
- UFO (unfinished objects) craft morning - second Saturday each month in Abdon Village Hall 10.30am to 12.30pm. Bring along your unfinished projects. Join us and learn a new craft skill or teach your craft skills to someone else.
- Coffee and cake morning - last Saturday each month in Abdon Village Hall 10.30am to 12.30pm, except for December.
- Meditation evening - every Tuesday evening in Abdon Village Hall. Contact Brown Clee Surgery for details.
- Flower club - first Monday evening each month (March to December) in Abdon Village Hall.
- Parish Council meetings - last Thursday in January, April, July and October in Abdon Village Hall.
- Skittles - various dates and locations.
- Wildlife Group - meets monthly in various locations.
- Women's Institute - second Wednesday each month at Clee St.Margaret Village Hall.
Abdon and Heath Parish Council - Marquee for hire.